Associate Manager, Strategic Sourcing
Job descriptionJob Title:
Associate Manager, Strategic Sourcing
Reports to:Manager, Strategic Sourcing
Newell Brands (NASDAQ: NWL) is a leading global consumer goods company with a strong portfolio of well-known brands, including Rubbermaid, FoodSaver, Calphalon, Sistema, Sharpie, Paper Mate, Dymo, EXPO, Elmer's, Yankee Candle, Graco, NUK, Rubbermaid Commercial Products, Spontex, Coleman, Campingaz, Oster, Sunbeam and Mr. Coffee. Newell Brands' beloved, planet friendly brands enhance and brighten consumers lives at home and outside by creating moments of joy, building confidence and providing peace of mind. Newell Brands and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and comply with applicable employment laws. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled are encouraged to apply.
- The Associate Manager, Strategic Sourcing will report to the Manager, Strategic Sourcing and be based in Huntersville, NC. They will be responsible for metal and resin-based purchased finished-good & components within the Commercial Business Unit (Quickie, Rubbermaid & Rubbermaid Commercial Products). They will develop, implement and drive procurement strategies that deliver a competitive advantage, productivity gains, lead-time reductions, in-bound service level improvement, and supplier quality goals.
- Responsible for $45M in spend across purchased finished-goods and components including metal stampings, fabrications, hardware, tubing, wire form and plastic components
- Conduct research and analyze international supply marketplace, maintain working knowledge of international business trends including global industry issues, cost drivers, global pricing, global market conditions, and economic indicators.
- Create, define and implement sourcing strategy, including supplier selection, for area of responsibility to ensure business needs are met.
- Build a robust annual productivity pipeline that supports the aligned business strategy and delivers annual YOY savings through, but not limited to, category bids, supplier development, incumbent negotiation, VA/VE, and Make vs Buy.
- Support business unit New Product Development pipeline to deliver on time, on cost, and on spec products
- Conduct regular domestic and international supplier business reviews with strategic suppliers that include supplier performance reviews, technology roadmaps, business growth strategies and supply market changes
- Operational activities of supplier management include communicating and resolving daily issues between internal organizations and suppliers, leading weekly cross-functional team calls to cover open issues, actively working/monitoring quality and performance issues.
- Lead negotiations around contractual terms and conditions, pricing, service levels and optimize the Total Cost of Ownership.
- Identify new and/or alternate sources of supply both domestically and internationally.
- Manage and execute regular RFI/RFP/RFQ processes to drive competition
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams such as demand planning, operations quality and finance to effectively drive accurate material forecasting, purchasing, compliance and standardized processes that enable continuity of supply, reduces E&O exposure, lowers material cost and ensures compliance.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Supply Chain, Sourcing or related field.
- 2-5+ years of relevant sourcing or supply chain experience required.
- Global sourcing experience from China and other low cost countries (LCC) preferred
- Ability and willing to travel internationally
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Ability to read and interpret product specifications and drawings preferred
- Detail oriented with strong written communication, problem solving, analytical and organizational skills.
- Knowledge of various domestic and foreign manufacturing disciplines
- Self-motivated and able to work in a team environment
- Understand the drivers of financial performance and manage them.
- Effectively prioritizes multiple demands and heavy workload
- Proven track record of results in a fast-changing environment - execution oriented
- Advanced Excel experience and skills
- Relevant SAP experience; advanced SAP experience is highly desirable