Associate Manager - Women's Denim Wash R&D
About the Role
The Associate Manager of Wash will be responsible for partnering with Design, Product Development and Sourcing VM/Wash Team on the development of seasonal washes, specifically for the women's division. The Wash Associate will have the interest and ability to learn and apply the technical processing aspects of wash, organize related information, manage workload to calendar deadlines, escalate issues and communicate effectively with all internal and external contacts.
What You'll Do
- Receive seasonal wash targets from Design and follow brand wash process to communicate clear and effective wash direction to GGS and vendors.
- Drive the wash development process throughout the season, from initial direction through final bulk approval, interfacing effectively with Design, GGS & PD.
- Maintain adherence to brand calendar to meet key dates and expectations of the wash development process. Establish process discipline to ensure continuity and clarity.
- Partner with GGS teams (Vendor Management & Wash) to ensure that a seamless flow of information is shared throughout the season.
- Partner with Fabric Team to understand the expected outcome of each fabric, communicate variances from those expectations and escalate aesthetic and/or quality issues to the Fabric Manager. Be present at Fabric selection meetings with Design.
- Proactively seek learning and development from Director and GGS Wash Team partners to increase technical wash knowledge. Apply learnings to wash communications.
- Create and maintain wash reference library which houses past, current and future options in an organized, accessible format.
- Research market, websites and tradeshows to develop broad understanding of denim wash directional trends.
- Strong experience with fabric constructions, dye techniques, finishes, and garment construction and manufacturing/sourcing processes
- Proven ability to influence and make decisions across geographies in a matrix environment where speed and cultural sensitivity is crucial
- Anticipate operational/program issues and develops preventative measures
- Apply fully functional professional knowledge in R&D
- Ability to travel globally
Who You Are
- General understanding of the properties of wet & dry denim laundry processing.
- Some knowledge of denim fabrics.
- Good design and color sense as related to wash trend and aesthetic design direction.
- Ability to visualize the multiple layers of processing from original target to final wash standard.
- Proactive problem solver able to trouble shoot and/or escalate issues effectively.
- Strong organizational & timeline skills.
- Ability to interface with and influence senior design team members by providing clear, complete information.
- Agile learner who is eager to build new skills and knowledge.
- Solution-based thinker with strong ability to connect with business partners.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office systems such as Outlook, Excel & One Drive.
- 2+ years of experience in denim wash/design/development