Associate Merchandise Planner
The Associate Merchandise Planner works closely with the planning team in the management of sales, margin and inventory at the account and country level to achieve company financial objectives. Collaborate with merchandising, distribution, production and sales to support a strategy that aligns with future financial goals and product opportunities. This role will focus primarily on e-commerce.
This position will be hybrid working primarily remote but also out of our satellite office in Bloomington, Illinois.
- Manage business results by partnering with the Director of Merchandise Planning and Logistics to respond to changing sales trends, reviewing inventory productivity metrics and overall business performance at category and country level, helping to ensure company achieves plan sales, margin and turn goals.
- Build pre-season bottoms up style-color level forecasts, track performance to plan and reports on results in-season.
- Represent planning in company-wide meetings and effectively communicate needs, issues, opportunities and business results on behalf of planning department.
- Communicate promotional activity to all business units including weekly tracking of sales and inventory positions to senior leadership.
- Analyze historic performance to identify areas of opportunity or risk.
- Build, maintain and update tools, reports, etc. to support the needs of the business.
- Perform ad hoc independent analysis and provide periodic reporting to drive business performance.
- Ensure pre-season size scale and case packs align with channel needs.
- Develop knowledge of geographic and category performance and trends through data analysis and field communication.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Analytical Skills: Ability to think objectively and interpret meaningful themes from quantitative and qualitative data.
- Financial and Business Acumen: Ability to evaluate financial and business indicators and translate data into actionable information to drive results; Proficiency in retail math.
- Relationship Management: Able to build constructive and effective relationships with a broad and diverse group of cross-functional partners.
- Presentation Skills: Effective in a variety of presentation settings including one-on-one and small and large groups; can present ideas and directions that lead others to action.
- Planning and Priority Setting: Demonstrate an ability to set objectives and goals and organize work appropriately to meet and exceed goals.
- Strong listening, written and oral communication skills
- Technically capable and adaptable
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Four-year degree from a college or university preferred
- Experience with Microsoft Office programs: Excel, Power Point and Word
- Experience with Microsoft NAV a plus
- 3+ years of relevant experience
Alpha Industries offers competitive pay and outstanding benefits package. Alpha Industries’ corporate headquarters is located in Chantilly, VA, Sales and Marketing located in New York, NY and Distribution Center in Knoxville, TN. Alpha Industries is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. To learn more about a rewarding career with Alpha Industries, please visit our website at www.alphaindustries.com.