Associate Merchandise Planner
POSITION TITLE: Associate Merchandise Planner
REPORTING TO: Associate Director of Merchandise Planning
AtHATCH, our company empowers women before, during and after pregnancy with thoughtful, solution-based offerings. We are an advocate for women, providing content, community, and companionship as the trusted home base in the next phase of a woman’s journey.
As a team, we work together in building our brand. We are each other’s community. We laugh a lot. We think differently. We love to collaborate with one another, and we produce results. We believe in our mission, and we work hard every day to achieve it.
HATCH is seeking a highly analyticalAssociate Merchandise Plannerto join our growing team. The ideal candidate is passionate about data and driving sales and margin results through strategic identification of opportunities and risks. The role will collaborate cross-functionally with key counterparts across Stores, Production, Operations, Digital and Wholesale.
- Analyze trends and business performance to achieve sales and profitability goals
- Manage SKU inventory levels and communicate strategic recommendations to optimize sales and mitigate inventory risks/out-of-stocks across all channels (e-commerce, retail and wholesale)
- Oversee store allocations, weekly replenishment and end-of-season returns to the warehouse along with store inventory management
- Partner with Associate Director of Merchandise Planning on in-season forecasts and annual plan budgets, with ownership of an area of business
- Proactively communicate risks and opportunities through regular and ad hoc deep dive analysis
- Execute Quarterly hindsight analysis to inform future strategy
- Maintain data integrity and execute pricing/markdowns in ERP System
- Compile data from multiple sources to create ad hoc reporting and analysis while making recommendations for further efficiency
- Support Planning and Buying team in special projects on an as needed basis
- 2-3 years relevant experience in planning, buying or related analytical merchandising role with knowledge of both e-commerce and retail stores
- Analytical and strategic mindset with a robust understanding of retail math and identifying trends
- Proficiency in Excel including advanced formulas (V-Lookup, Pivot Tables, etc)
- Ability to be nimble and thrive in a fast-paced environment with shifted priorities and tight deadlines
- Entrepreneurial spirit with a passion for numbers and analytical curiosity
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Comfortable working both autonomously and collaboratively
- Clear and effective verbal and written communication skills