Associate Merchandise Planner
TheAssociate Merchandise Planner is responsible for the plan and forecast processes for the brand business to ensure company financial objectives are achieved. This position will provide strategic and analytical support to merchandising through all phases of product life cycle (pre-season and in season) and will collaborate with cross functional business partners to ensure sales, gross margin, and key investment goals are achieved.
• Develop, execute and communicate strategic merchandise financial plans and strategies that support the merchandising and financial objectives of the Company.
• With guidance, create pre-season sales, margin and inventory plans by department, class, and/or SKU to support product and financial strategies. Review with Director.
• Analyze historical data and current trends to recap business. Work to identify risks and opportunities by department and by class. In partnership with Senior Planner, create strategies to align inventory with Merchant partners.
• Collaborate with Merchandising to develop and communicate strategies that align future financial and product opportunities in the area.
• Present in-season forecasts and action plans in open-to-buy meetings. Create action plan based on forecast and lead discussions to management & cross functional teams.
• Hindsight in-season & post-season performance by category. Share results with cross functional teams, identifying opportunities and implement strategies for go forward season.
• Develop item-level promotional and markdown strategies on a weekly basis. Partner with Merchandising & Merch Control to accuracy of system entry.
• Create and publish various weekly Merchandise Planning reports, including ad hoc recaps.
• Collaborate with CFT for replenishment, receipt flow, testing strategies, with direction from Senior Planner.
• Demonstrate the company core values: Respect, Teamwork, Compassion, Integrity, Accountability, and Inclusion.
• Minimum of 2 years of Merchandise Planning or related financial/analytical experience.
• Possesses strong foundation of retail math and concepts.
• Global business analysis and strategic/innovative thinking skills.
• Ability to negotiate with, and influence peers and members of cross-functional team.
• Understanding of retail financial measurements across Stores and Ecommerce channels.
• Flexible and adaptive to changing priorities.
• Strong listening, written and oral communication skills.
• Able to organize and prioritize workload to meet deadlines.
• Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Microstrategy & planning tools/systems.
The salary range for this position is $70,000 to $95,000 annually. Pay is based on several factors, including but not limited to position offered and work experience. In addition to your salary, SPARC Group, and its affiliated brands, offers a benefits package, including 401(k) plan, overtime pay, flexible work schedule and a generous employee discount program (all benefits are based on eligibility). Additional information regarding the benefits for this position can be found in the Benefits Guide that is available from our Human Resources Department.
SPARC Group LLC is an equal opportunity employer. We value a culture of inclusion and diversity within our workforce, and are committed to maintaining a workplace free from prohibited employment conduct, including discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, domestic partner status, civil partnership, status as a covered veteran, status in the Uniformed Services of the United States, citizenship and any other characteristic protected by law (“Protected Characteristics”).