Associate Merchandise Planner, Lingerie
The Associate Planner analyzes, tracks, and reports on data to assist in the identification and execution of merchandise plans for a category. Primarily focused to develop pre-season and in-season plans while incorporating current trends, promotional activity, and changes to assortment. Works with cross functional partners such as merchandising and other functions in MP&A as well as cross channel partners.Responsibilities:
- Empowered to make decisions in partner with their leader while also balancing input from cross-functional team members
- Analyze business performance and make recommendations that will maximize sale, profitability, and inventory and mitigate risk – weekly/monthly for MPC.
- Revise plans based on actual results for all planning metrics.
- Partner with merchants and planning leadership on seasonal strategy.
- Build targets in partnership with planning leads.
- Develop mark down strategies to optimize sell thru and profitability
- Forward planning – highlight risks and opportunities based on fact-based assortment analytics.
- Support creation of financial decks with commentary for key business meetings (i.e. MPC, Buy Review and Hindsight)
- Improve capabilities around analytics, conclusions, recommendations, to assist in driving key milestone meetings to conclusion with improved communication and influence.
- Plan and manage back orders, returns and cancelations. To include BORIS/SOOS impacts on plans and results.
- Manage greige/fabric positioning and liability in conjunction with Production
- Maintain and take accountability for delegated tasks
- Leverage experience in role to mentor and assist Associate/new Merch Planners in thought process and planning methodologies
- Assist Management with special projects and initiatives
- Participate in multi-level meetings
- Build and evolve R&R/speed calendars with Production partnership applicable to category
- Leader/shadow for the floor (build organizational influence)
- Bachelor's degree in finance, operations, economics, business, statistics, or equivalent experience
- Minimum 2 years of experience in: retail merchandise planning, demand planning, inventory management, allocation or replenishment, financial planning, or financial analysis experience
- Excellent understanding of merchandise as it relates to company strategy
- Excellent communication, prioritizing and problem-solving skills
- Powerful ability to interact with peers and merchants
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Access
- Strong written, verbal communication and presentation skills:
- Concisely present complex information/recommendations in terms meaningful to various audiences
- Ability to communicate to all levels with a clear, concise point of view, both verbally and in writing
- Ability to advance to high levels of computer literacy; exposure to relevant planning, finance, analytical, data management systems: EP, Unit Flow Demand Projection System; Microsoft Office Suite; Excel Add-In; Microstrategy
An equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate in hiring or terms and conditions of employment because of an individual’s race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status or any other protected category recognized by state, federal or local laws. We only hire individuals authorized for employment in the United States.