At Southern Tide, our mission is to share our love for the coastal lifestyle through premium products, experiences, and service.
We offer competitive benefits packages which may include generous vacation policy, health and wellness coverage, 401k with company match, discounted stock purchasing, options for education reimbursement, and amazing product discounts! We value work-life balance and offer a flexible corporate office environment.
The Associate Merchandiser helps identify, develop and execute product strategies and initiatives while assisting with managing the product lifecycle, product information and seasonal calendars for Southern Tide. The incumbent works cross-functionally to blend analytics and creative thinking to create a successful line that is true to the Southern Tide aesthetic and excites the customer.
- Assist with driving the line assortment by pulling and analyzing historical data as well as market trends.
- Collaborate with Design team to help create product that is true to the Southern Tide brand, while also being aware of submits.
- Partner with Production to meet seasonal and annual margin targets.
- Work closely with the Sales team to research and combine sales data and customer shopping patterns, creating a plan that will drive business.
- Analyze sales and purchases to seasonal budget, understanding company financial targets and monthly performance against those targets.
- Collaborate cross functionally to set retail and wholesale pricing for items within assigned categories.
- Become the expert in current selling analysis and current fashion trends to minimize changes to the line.
- Generate and share weekly, monthly, and seasonal sales reporting that include actionable takeaways.
- Work consistently with the Purchasing team to report product with delivery/quality concerns.
- Identify inefficiencies and gaps in existing communication pieces and business processes and work with business partners on solutions to these problems.
- Maintain presentation and location of seasonal line samples.
- Coordinate rapid communication between sales channels, designers, and supply chain to meet compressed production and delivery schedule. Facilitated tight collaboration between stakeholders.
- Assist with managing and communicating cross-functionally to maintain corporate calendar to deliver on-time product.
- Review line plans and direct merchandising goals to execute merchandising strategies in order to achieve financial targets.
What all hands on deck looks like...
- Acute attention to detail and excellent time management
- Strong analytical skills and discipline to summarize conclusions and recommendations.
- Independent self-starter with the ability to interpret seasonal concepts.
- Ability to balance and execute multiple product functions simultaneously.
- Ability to quickly analyze and prioritize work in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced environment with the ability to effectively communicate at all levels within the oral.
- Positive attitude and the willingness to work in a team-oriented environment.
Know the ropes...
- Bachelor’s degree in Design, Merchandising, Business, or related program degree preferred.
- Generally, 2+ years of experience in merchandising, or related field.
- High proficiency in standard Microsoft Office programs, experience utilizing Excel analytical tools (formulas, pivot tables, etc.)