Department:Global Product Merchandising
Reports To:Manager, Global Product Merchandising
Remote Status: Hybrid
SummaryThe Associate Merchandiser is responsible for generating and maintaining seasonal product plans. This position is responsible for product data, documentation and procedures for a specific category or area. This position participates in cross functional meetings to ensure consistency and valid information is being utilized for decision making and record maintenance of the line planning process.
We are All Leaders at CarharttIn our words and by our actions, we strive to emulate the hardworking example set forth by our founder, Hamilton Carhartt. We Lead Business by creating value, delivering on results, and making changes along the way. We Lead Self by being inclusive, recognizing that our differences make us stronger as we strive to build a better world, together, for all hardworking people. We Lead Others by communicating and clearly defining the path as we walk bravely into the future. Working at Carhartt, we are all given a seat at the table and the honor of continuing the legacy.
- Partners with Merchandise Manager, in all facets of managing a successful category, to meet financial objectives
- Research and analyze competitive data, product opportunities, and other projects as needed.
- Conduct deep dive analysis on competition to support seasonal development. Prepare summary of findings and make recommendations
- Generates various business analyses (weekly, monthly and seasonally)
- Create and update seasonal product plans in the Line Plan system and SAP, ensuring consistency and accuracy.
- Assist in SIOP process through partnership with Sales and Planning operations to analyze sales, receipts, margin, inventory, and performance to plan.
- Assist in seasonal assortment planning and Sales & Operations Planning process by analyzing color histories, margin analysis, pricing and forecasting recommendations.
- Proof catalogs and price lists; and gathers samples for marketing photo shoots.
- Participate in weekly development and production meetings. Take meeting notes and send out to participants. Monitor timelines and follow-up as needed.
- Order competitor and Carhartt samples for testing and analysis as needed and collaborate with insights team on field testing.
- Participate in various meetings by capturing key points for summary and further action.
- Coordinate samples and execute room set up for key product meetings.
- Present seasonal product offerings to various groups within Carhartt as needed.
- Spend time with customers, consumers, and Carhartt owned retail to gain understanding of needs and trends (may require travel).
- Assist with day to day projects that may arise, help other categories with overflow, and other duties as assigned. Acts as backup Merchandiser as needed.
- Manage samples for category as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent years of experience required in Apparel/Textile Design or Related Field
- Minimum of one (1) year in product management in apparel industry or related field.
- Proficient in technology and data analysis tools including Word, Excel, Power Point, etc.
- Analytical skills to understand and evaluate data into key insights for product management / merchandising.
- Ability to learn quickly and work in a team environment.
- Knowledge of product management development, planning and brand strategy processes preferred.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with the proven ability to communicate with all levels including management and retail partners.
- Outstanding organizational skills with demonstrated ability to prioritize workload and attention to detail.
- Office Environment
- Moderate Lifting (15-30 lbs)
- Travel (10%)
- Willing to work some weekends if necessary
- Hybrid location: Associate will work on-site regularly as needed for work activities.
- Tobacco Free