TheAssociate Merchandiseris responsible for developing merchandising strategies for assigned categories, in conjunction with category leader, that continue to position Hanna Andersson as the premiere children’s lifestyle brand. They will work collaboratively within a fast moving and nimble cross-functional team to develop and execute differentiated and impactful assortment strategies that achieve the category’s financial goals. This is a developmental position to enable growth into a merchandise manager position, with responsibility for assigned categories, working closely with a business leader to achieve results.
- Develop and drive assigned category business and assortment strategies together with Merchandise Manager that meet or exceed financial targets and customer expectations.
- Manage merchandising activities for assigned category and support all categories in competitive analysis, hindsight analysis and line briefs.
- Support Merchandise Manager in initial assortment planning, development and execution; including initial style set-up and system maintenance or as needed.
- Partner with Merchandise Manager to identify business opportunities and risks in-season through analyzing sales performance, hindsight analysis and marketplace information to develop data driven insights.
- Communicate results and insights succinctly and clearly to all levels of company, partner with Merchandise Manager to adjust business tactics and strategy.
- Partner with cross-functional team (design, sourcing, inventory planning, marketing, web) to communicate business strategies and achieve business goals.
- Support Merchandise Manager in ad hoc projects as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Fashion Merchandising, or equivalent experience.
- 3+ years’ experience in merchandising in a specialty retail environment required. Experience in children’s apparel strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of trend, sense of aesthetic, and some assortment planning experience
- Results oriented, solutions oriented, biased to action
- Understanding of merchandise financial planning and key metrics
- Data driven and strong analytical skills with extensive experience in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint; experience with Adobe Illustrator a plus.
- Strong presenter, listener, verbal and written communicator.
- Strong interpersonal skills; and have demonstrated ability to communicate throughout an organization
- Effective working independently as well as in a team environment.
- An open-minded, collaborative culture of enthusiastic team members.
- Comprehensive benefits package including dependent care/transit flex plans, adoption assistance, paid volunteer hours, employee discounts, and more.
- Remote or Portland-based
At Hanna, our core purpose is making childhood moments that matter. We will achieve this primarily through our enthusiastic associates who own the business by working collaboratively, through truth and transparency, to build sustainable solutions that grow our company, our team and ourselves in service to the customer.
Hanna Andersson is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at the company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetics, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.