Associate Merchandiser, Hardgoods
Associate Merchandiser of Hardgoods
WE ARE SPEEDO
The world's leading swimwear brand, Speedo is passionate about life in and around the water. The brand's heritage of innovation derives from its leadership in competitive swimming, where more Olympic Gold Medals have been won in Speedo than any other brand. Unmatched in performance, fit and feel, we are also America’s #1 goggle brand.
From the first splash, to every stroke, the genuine love and excitement we have working with the water is what creates exciting and meaningful relationships.
Speedo is not where we work, but is who we are.
It’s watching a baby in the pool for the first time or our athletes make history. What we do is sacred to us and our connection to the rest of water lovers around the world. Driven by the challenge, not the glory. At Speedo, it is never enough to be good at what you do; you have to love what you do.
Speedo is a part of the Pentland Brands Limited Family.
We are Pentland Brands, a global family business bringing some of the most loved active and footwear brands to millions of people around the world.
We own Speedo, Berghaus, Canterbury of New Zealand, Endura, Mitre, ellesse, SeaVees, Red or Dead and we’re the UK licensee for Kickers and have a joint venture partnership for Lacoste footwear. Our products are available in over 190 countries and are sold either directly by Group companies or are represented by licensees and distributors.
All our brands have their own unique identities and every one of them is powered by Pentland. We have more than 1,200 employees worldwide and we’re always on the lookout for talented, enthusiastic people to help shape our future.
We celebrate differences and give everyone the freedom to innovate and develop, be it through creative working environments or learning opportunities. Our brands are there in the moments that matter - being there for more people, in more of those moments, drives everything we do.
At Pentland, we’re guided by four principles, we use these to make sure we’re not only doing a great job, but we’re doing it in the right way:
- Success is a team game
- With clarity and courage
- Better as standard
- In good conscience
We believe in building brands for the world to love, generation after generation. Your potential is our potential and together we can build and grow brands that last.
The Associate Merchandiser, Hardgoods is responsible for supporting the Hardgoods Merchandising team in execution of product strategy. They will ensure the product meets specific merchandising objectives, revenue, and target goals. This position will bring the product lines to market in a timely and profitable manner, in accordance with line plans and product calendar. Takes pride in Speedo, our culture, and our product!
- Execution of Strategy set by Senior Merchandiser and Director
- Primary categories include SMU Goggle lines
- Direct partnership with Merchandise Planning to analyze and execute SKU plan
- Understanding needs of Sales; request input when needed, analyze history of best/worst sellers, and communicate said information to design team.
- Direct partnership with Sales, customer, and is consumer focused
- Expert of product category while maintaining extensive competitor knowledge
- Liaison to consumer insights team
- Provides the Design, Development, and Supply teams with clear design/development road maps
- Initiates initial product briefs to Design and Global Supply Chain
- Identifies white space in market, competitor analysis, channels of distribution, expert on consumer
- Owns Product Category Line plans
- Maintains integrity of information
- Direct support in style set-up in PLM system Centric 8
- Initiates product briefs to Marketing
- Selling tools, naming, packaging/hang tags
- Initiates sales sample line plans
- Works with global partners for online efficiencies or alignment
- Manages product set up for previews and sell in presentations
- Support key account presentations
- Support sales meeting/product presentations
- Manages detailed product copy documents
- Margin Assistance
- Partners with category leads for upfront margin goals by category
- Partners with Design and GSC to ensure margin goals are met
- Works with Merchandising team to determine wholesale and retail prices using category expertise
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- Trained in Centric 8 PLM system
- Ability to work independent and within a team environment
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong written and verbal and communication skills
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite, primarily Excel and PowerPoint
- Flexible/adaptable in a fast-paced environment
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent preferred
Pay Range:$50,000 - $65,000 annually
Base pay is a portion of our total compensation package and determined within a range that allows growth and development within your role. Your base pay will be determined based on experience, skills and qualifications.
Speedo and Pentland Brands are an equal opportunity employer and considers all applicants for employment on the basis of their individual capabilities and qualifications, consistent with applicable law and without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity or expression, age, religion, creed, national origin, citizenship status, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability, military status or any other characteristic protected under federal, state or local law. In addition to complying with all applicable laws, we have a strong corporate commitment to inclusion, diversity and to ensuring that all current and future associates are compensated solely on job-related factors such as skill, ability, educational background, work quality, experience and potential. To achieve these goals, applicants are asked not to disclose salary history information.