Associate Merchandiser - International Distributors
Headquartered in Southern California, Skechers has spent 30 years helping men, women and kids everywhere look and feel good. Developing comfort technologies is at the foundation of all that we do—delivering stylish, innovative, and quality products at a reasonable price. From our diverse footwear offering to a growing range of apparel and accessories, Skechers is a complete lifestyle brand.
With international business representing over half of our total sales, we have product available in more than 180 countries and significant opportunities for continued expansion worldwide. We sell our collections direct to consumers through more than 4,450 Skechers stores around the globe and Skechers e-commerce sites, as well as through a network of third-party partners.A MULTI-BILLION-DOLLAR GLOBAL LEADER IN THE FOOTWEAR INDUSTRY.Job Description
Obtain an extensive knowledge of the Skechers product lines you will represent forDistributor countries. Support company objectives to enable continued growth and profitability in the International division. Use in depth analysis and product knowledge to propose new ideas and opportunities for business growth. Have a strong understanding of different market’s needs in order to successfully build assortments that will drive sales in that specific country. Effectively communicate all directives on products to key partners via emails, virtual/phone calls and in person.Essential Job Results-Understanding Product:
Become a product expert. Manage and communicate product assortments, line sheets, inventory, review sales and sample orders for Distributor partners. Determine when and how to react to best and worst sellers. Consistently monitor the regions order/sales status to identify missed opportunities on key styles and make recommendations with the intent to increase sales. Present your product line with confidence and must be able to react to challenging questions during presentations.Daily And Weekly Duties
- Own your product lines and brand initiatives. Build and manage assortments relevant for each market.
- Manage International partners to understand product availability, sales samples, sales trends, key initiatives, marketing strategies and overall product direction.
- Maintain linesheets/new adds/drops/reductions for each select countries.
- Attend Monthly/Quarterly conference meetings/calls with partners to discuss current state of business and needs.
- Review overall sales and understand what categories the countries are achieving growth or losing sales.
- Responsible for answering questions daily and communicating all product/business related information to each partner on a regular and timely basis, it is essential as the time differences in regions can cause delays.
- Review and Analyze selling/bookings/shipments by country for your product lines. Report on business trends by category. Understand what categories are achieving growth or loss in sales to identify opportunity.
- Continually review product assortments to be sure that all key initiatives are represented and make educated recommendations for styles that can work within distributor’s market.
- Collaborate with other international merchandising/planning partners to maximize sales, partner on product opportunities, and manage projects.
- Aggressive sales approach is needed. Ability to be influential in person, video calls and emails are essential.
- Maintain/Run/Review various reports to provide appropriate analysis.
- Collaborate and communicate with VP – GMM of International
- 4-5 years of Merchandising experience with a large volume of skus.
- Bachelor’s degree
- International experience
- Sales/Wholesales background a plus
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The skills, abilities and physical demands described are representative of those duties that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities, who are otherwise qualified for the job position, to perform the essential functions.PHYSICALDEMANDS-
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel, and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk; sit, reach with hands and arms, and stoop, kneel. The employee is occasionally required to sit for long period of times.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Pay range for this position is $75k - $85k / year.