Associate, Merchandiser - Joe's Jeans
Founded in 2001 by Creative Director Joe Dahan, Joe's redefines everyday style with its inherently LA sensibility and distinctive rock + roll point-of-view.
With an emphasis on offering the perfect fit for everybody, the brand takes a revolutionary approach to denim and sophisticated classics, incorporating the very latest in technology to offer product that is beautiful, innovative, and fits flawlessly.
Merchandising/Planning/BuyingFrom developing the product strategies to growing our brands, merchandising careers at Centric Brands offer exciting possibilities to grow a career with one of world’s foremost lifestyle brands collectives. From helping develop the merchandise mix to ensuring stores and online site have the right products in the right quantities to creating the long-term brand strategy, a career in merchandising and planning offers you a chance to make a positive impact on our success – and yours.
Specific Responsibilities Would IncludeAs the Associate Merchandiser for Joe’s Men’s and Off Price, you will be supporting the Merchandising Managers in the daily activities leading to the definition of Product Strategy and Range Plan for Denim and Apparel, contributing to preparing and managing collection development and presentation documents as well as supporting in product performance analysis and market trends research.
Also supporting the Merchandising Manager to ensure all key deadlines are met, key documents are created and distributed, and help to maintain the merchandising calendar deadlines. Strong communication, attention to detail, and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment are required.
- Create and maintain seasonal excel and visual line sheets– distributing weekly updates when needed and partner with the Planning/Production/Design team to keep the change log regularly and accurately updated.
- Assist Merchandising Manager with the creation of seasonal selling reports as needed for select milestone meetings.
- Collaborates and helps to prepare for key milestone meetings (Adoption, Line Reviews, Sales Meetings, Best Sellers, etc)
- Assist Marketing department with set up of Nuorder for seasonal collections and overall go to market strategy
- Assist Merchandising Manager with the execution of all exclusive/chase requests as well as own all chase-related documents. Partner with PD and Production to communicate the best delivery (includes SMUs & Nordstrom Anniversary).
- Manage seasonal style approval process in system (PLM & IBT systems).
- Work closely with the SMS team to ensure timeliness of sample needs for all key accounts as well as photoshoots and milestone meetings. Maintains organized sample rack and keeps track of sample location.
- Partner with Planning/Production/CS to keep an accurate log of deliveries to ensure product arrives on time.
- Partner with Site Merchandising to ensure products & product knowledge is up-to-date and featured correctly.
- Manage the Development Calendar through distributing invites & updates to crossfunctional partners as needed.
- Maintain a keen understanding of market trends and overall competitor landscape to aid with pricing analysis.
- BA or BS preferred.
- 1+ years of related professional experience in Merchandising or Buying.
- High Integrity and positive attitude.
- Strong knowledge in Excel & PowerPoint - high proficiency in Excel including VLOOKUP, pivot tables, and overall data analysis.
- Strong analytical, communication, and problem-solving skills with the ability to partner and raise concerns/find thoughtful solutions.
- Ability and natural drive to create and maintain organization within the department.
- Detailed oriented with a high level of accuracy when it comes to data entry.
- Capable of multi-tasking in a fast-paced environment with a commitment to follow through on all tasks/projects and deadlines.
- Passionate about product – previous experience in denim is a plus.
- PLM, Nuorder and SAP experience a plus
In return, we provide an industry-competitive salary, along with a comprehensive benefits plan (medical, dental, vision) that includes a matching 401 (k), Summer Fridays, generous PTO, merchandise discounts, excellent career development opportunities, and a work environment that reflects our industry leadership. Our social impact program, Centric Cares, focuses on volunteerism to make a difference in communities we live and work in and o ur D&I committee is shaping the future of di versity, equity and inclusion at Centric Brands though workshops, resources and inspiring conversation.
Be part of our growing community by getting involved with groups, teams and initiatives like Be Green, Be Giving, and Be Celebrated.Joe's Jeans is an Equal Opportunity Employer