Associate Merchandiser - Kids - International
Headquartered in Southern California, Skechers has spent nearly 30 years helping men, women and kids everywhere look and feel good. Developing comfort technologies is at the foundation of all that we do—delivering stylish, innovative, and quality products at a reasonable price. From our diverse footwear offering to a growing range of apparel and accessories, Skechers is a complete lifestyle brand.
With international business representing over half of our total sales, we have product available in more than 170 countries and significant opportunities for continued expansion worldwide. We sell our collections direct to consumers through more than 4,000 Skechers stores around the globe and Skechers e-commerce sites, as well as through a network of third-party partners.
A MULTI-BILLION-DOLLAR GLOBAL LEADER IN THE FOOTWEAR INDUSTRY.
Obtain an extensive knowledge of the Skechers Kids product line to effectively communicate assortments and detailed selling information to our International Joint Venture (Asia).
Communicate company initiatives, product direction supported by company selling and Asia weekly selling reports to determine missed opportunities to drive additional sales. Effectively communicate all directives on products to Joint Venture partners via emails, wechat, team and zoom calls.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESULTS-
Effectively communicate product assortments, manage line sheets, review weekly, monthly, seasonal, and annual selling information TY vs LY to determine additional opportunities. Consistently monitor the JV regions to see what key styles and/or colors they may have missed and communicate to the regional merchandising teams with the intent to increase sales. Review bookings/shipments by country, division, outsole and style level assortments to determine additional opportunities. Attend with our partners our Global conference twice a year that is held in our Manhattan Beach Showroom. Be flexible for team/zoom calls with our Asia partners due to the different time zones.
Daily and weekly duties:
- Answer JV product questions while continually sending out product information.
- Build and maintain assortments relevant for each JV market.
- Communicate with our Asia partners product availability, sales trends, key initiatives, marketing strategies, product direction and assort for sample ordering for their prelines and conferences.
- Maintain line sheets/new adds/drops/reductions for each JV assortment
- Review overall sales and understand what categories the JV’s are achieving growth for additional opportunities.
- Give projections by outsole/category
- Positive sales approach reinforced with a strategy based on selling information and or company strategies. Consistent communication with JV partners on emails, wechat, team/zoom calls.
- Comfortable presenting product in a group setting with our Asia partners during our global conference and or on a Zoom/Team call.
- Demonstrate high level of quality work focusing with specific attention to details.
- Ability to work independently, but also convey successful team building skills.
- Run reports and produce sales analysis documents
- Stay in-the-know of adult best sellers and company pillars to suggest takedowns where applicable
Global product conferences:
- Work with JV’s to understand their business focusing on key assortments and products they have on order. Make educated recommendations for styles that can work in their markets
- Present product lines to internal sales teams
- Present product lines to customers when applicable
- Become an expert in the kids line as this position requires you to have extensive product knowledge of a large volume of SKUs.
- Attend Global conference in our Manhattan Beach Showroom twice a year, extending into the weekend if necessary.
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE-
- Minimum 4 years of Merchandising/Planning experience
- Bachelor’s degree
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Able to manage multiple priorities
- Presentation skills
- Problem solving skills
- Previous tradeshow experience a plus
- International experience a plus
- Sales background a plus
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The skills, abilities and physical demands described are representative of those duties that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities, who are otherwise qualified for the job position, to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel, and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk; sit, reach with hands and arms, and stoop, kneel. The employee is occasionally required to sit for long period of times.