Associate Merchandiser, Men's
The Associate Merchandiser is responsible for providing organizational support to the Merchandising team and partnering with the Senior Merchandiser on the running of the day-to-day business. The Associate Merchandiser leverages organizational & analytical skills, as well an eye for relevant trends, to support the brand and the achievement of financial goals.
• Develops and executes merchandising strategies, in partnership with the Senior Merchandiser, that maximize sales, margin, inventory turnover, visual presentation and customer satisfaction.
• Reviews & reacts to sales performance and selling reports for specific categories of ownership.
• Plans and executes pricing strategies in accordance with fiscal responsibilities, maximizing sales, margin, & inventory management for specific categories of ownership across stores & ecommerce businesses.
• Develops assortment plans, sales forecasts, & analyzes sales figures for specific categories of ownership.
• Responsible for the full life cycle of the Purchase Order as well as markdowns: Issue and maintain all purchase orders and reconciliation between IP and Garpac systems; Follow up with cross functional teams to ensure timely delivery of goods; Responsible to maintain planned receipt flow and communicating any issues that arise; Manage markdowns for both stores and e-commerce.
• Responsible for creating and maintaining all necessary reporting (including, but not limited to: weekly selling reports, Hindsight reports, store reports, best sellers).
• Maintain data integrity both in systems and published documentation (including Seasonal Buys, Seasonal Compass, Product Overview Sheets).
• Competitive Patterning: Assists in monitoring industry trends and in evaluating competition both in-stores and online; Track pricing and promotions of competitors to ensure we are in-line; propose ideas to help drive our business based on findings.
• Bachelor’s Degree; focus in Fashion Merchandising
• 3 to 4 years’ experience in a buying or merchandising role
• Prior experience in men’s sportswear preferred
• Sense of urgency, flexibility, ability to multi-task
• Strong knowledge of and ability to apply retail math concepts
• Strong organization skills and attention to detail
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Excellent computer skills including MS Word and Excel
• Strong analytical skills, with an emphasis on spreadsheet applications
• Open-minded and positive attitude with the ability to partner cross-functionally and grow relationships
• Must possess strong business acumen, and the ability to quickly assess a new environment and develop solutions that support the business strategy and critical objectives
• Must be creative with a strategic mindset along with the ability to turn concepts into action
• Must have strong relationship building and influence skills
• Must be able to think strategically as well as manage the day-to-day responsibilities
• Must be willing to embody a culture of taking smart risks and innovating to win