Associate Merchandiser, Outlet
Coach is a leading design house of modern luxury accessories and lifestyle collections, with a long-standing reputation built on quality craftsmanship. Defined by a free-spirited, all-American attitude, the brand approaches design with a modern vision, reimagining luxury for today with an authenticity and innovation that is uniquely Coach. All over the world, the Coach name is synonymous with effortless New York style.
A member of the Tapestry family, we are part of a global house of brands that has unwavering optimism and is committed to being innovative and wholly inclusive.
Job Title: Associate Manager, Women's Outlet SLGs Global Merchandising
Primary Purpose: The Associate Manager, Women's Outlet SLGs Global Merchandising will be a key team member of the Outlet Coach Global Merchandising team, supporting the continued growth of Coach's Leather Goods business. The position will report to the Senior Manager of Women's Outlet SLGs, Global Merchandising.
Product Strategy & Assortment Planning
Support senior manager and broader team in developing merchandising strategy for the SLGs category within the Outlet channel. Leverage product opportunities and business initiatives across both domestic and international markets
Manage daily Merchandising responsibilities, including building, editing and maintaining assortment sheets; managing product lifecycle process; maintaining calendar to ensure timely execution of key deliverables
With the broader team, compile relevant product/assortment information for given time period to ensure alignment to larger corporate strategies. Create presentations and boards to support strategy and design processes.
Communicate assortment updates post key milestones to ensure merchandising tools are updated accordingly
Support buying process in collaboration with Product Development and Global Merchandise Planning partners
Market Analysis & Reporting
Analyze sales on a weekly basis to gain comprehensive understanding of the state of the business. Provide global analysis that drives consensus
Build ad hoc sales analyses that will help the team understand business and consumer trends
Use reports to analyze business trends/identify future opportunities and share findings with the team on a weekly basis
Analyze global sales, BU feedback and focus group data to create briefs
Cross-functional Relationships & Team
Create and foster a strong culture of learning and development for direct report
Establish relationships with Design, Product Development, Global Merchandising Planning, Visual Merchandising, and Marketing
Create partnerships with key Global Merchandising peers and Business Unit buyers
An accomplished individual will possess...
Bachelor's degree required
Minimum 3-4 years merchandising/buying experience in related business or brand
Experience with Merchandising or Buying Luxury Goods/Accessories a plus
Excellent product sensibility and conceptual ability with strong understanding of merchandising product development lifecycle
Ability to leverage customer insight and analysis to drive customer-centric outcomes
Team-oriented with ability to multi-task in a rapidly growing, ever-changing environment
Highly organized, ability to shift priorities, excellent attention to detail
Sharp analytical skills and comprehensive understanding of "retail math"
Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills
High proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
Job descriptionOur Competencies for All Employees
- Courage: Doesn't hold back anything that needs to be said; provides current, direct, complete, and "actionable" positive and corrective feedback to others; lets people know where they stand; faces up to people problems on any person or situation (not including direct reports) quickly and directly; is not afraid to take negative action when necessary.
- Creativity: Comes up with a lot of new and unique ideas; easily makes connections among previously unrelated notions; tends to be seen as original and value-added in brainstorming settings.
- Customer Focus:Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
- Dealing with Ambiguity: Can effectively cope with change; can shift gears comfortably; can decide and act without having the total picture; isn't upset when things are up in the air; doesn't have to finish things before moving on; can comfortably handle risk and uncertainty.
- Drive for Results:Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; is constantly and consistently one of the top performers; very bottom-line oriented; steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
- Interpersonal Savvy: Relates well to all kinds of people, up, down, and sideways, inside and outside the organization; builds appropriate rapport; builds constructive and effective relationships; uses diplomacy and tact; can diffuse even high-tension situations comfortably.
- Learning on the Fly:Learns quickly when facing new problems; a relentless and versatile learner; open to change; analyzes both successes and failures for clues to improvement; experiments and will try anything to find solutions; enjoys the challenge of unfamiliar tasks; quickly grasps the essence and the underlying structure of anything.
- Strategic Agility: Sees ahead clearly; can anticipate future consequences and trends accurately; has broad knowledge and perspective; is future oriented; can articulately paint credible pictures and visions of possibilities and likelihoods; can create competitive and breakthrough strategies and plans.
- Developing Direct Reports and Others:Provides challenging and stretching tasks and assignments; holds frequent development discussions; is aware of each person's career goals; constructs compelling development plans and executes them; pushes people to accept developmental moves; will take on those who need help and further development; cooperates with the developmental system in the organization; is a people builder.
- Building Effective Teams: Blends people into teams when needed; creates strong morale and spirit in their team; shares wins and successes; fosters open dialogue; lets people finish and be responsible for their work; defines success in terms of the whole team; creates a feeling of belonging in the team.
Req ID: 103342