Associate Merchant- North America Consumer Merchandising- Sport Dimension Team
Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world’s best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At NIKE, Inc. it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
For NIKE, Inc. merchants, everything begins and ends with the consumer. The Nike Merchandising team understands consumer needs and market capacity to create the right product mix for marketplaces around the world. From stores to online, this team helps bring the seasonal category visions to life. The Merchandising team has the unique ability to see beyond trends to identify what’s next to deliver the right product to the right places at the right time and price.
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR
As the North America Gender Consumer Merchandising Associate, you will be responsible for assisting in establishing assortment direction and strategy and focusing on generating gender consumer right assortments that ensure a productive, profitable, and coordinated marketplace. You will partner with Global, Geo and Gender cross functional partners specifically focusing on Sport. You will also partner with MPU collaborators and Merchandise Information System (MIS) teams to deliver well-informed assortments to the consumer.
We’re looking for consumerists with an affinity for product, who enjoys the energy of moving at the pace of retail and the consumer! The successful Associate Merchant will thrive and contribute to a positive and progressive team dynamic!
We have multiple Associate Merchant openings across our Sports Dimension teams
WHAT WILL YOU WORK ON
• Supporting Gender merchandising team in building consumer right assortments for the Geo
• Use historical data, analytics, and real-time market feedback to influence assortment decisions
• Manage ongoing edits in Assortment planning tool (AV) and maintain alignment with key merchandising partners
• Assisting with tools to maintain accurate assortment offerings by season
• Assisting with tools to collect and analyze Marketplace Insights for the gender
• Crafting and maintaining Geo Assortment Visual Line Plans (VLPs)
• Helping to prepare for key meetings, such as Merch to Merch, Assortment Review, Sample Review
• Assist in reviewing minimum exceptions' list, bookings report, weekly POS reports
• Manage pricing, sizing, and distribution within systems
• Managing sample needs and/or contributing to key meetings/buildouts
You will report to the Gender Consumer Merchandising Director of your team.
WHAT YOU WILL BRING
• Requires a bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience and training
• At least 2 years’ experience in merchandising, product creation, and or retail, in a vertical or wholesale environment
• Footwear, apparel and/or equipment merchandising experience preferred
• A keen understanding of the Nike consumer and marketplace
• A high taste level for product
• An ability to employ retail competence and shown storytelling capabilities
• An ability to respond with speed and agility
• You are willing to travel 10% of the time
ENTRYLEADER: Be Empowered to Grow within Nike and Create the Future.
Nike requires all applicants for this position to be vaccinated for COVID-19 as a condition of hire, unless otherwise required by law. As an equal opportunity employer, Nike will make accommodations to individuals who cannot be vaccinated in accordance with applicable law.
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.