Associate Print & Color Designer
Club Monaco is an international men’s and women’s lifestyle brand with a distinctly urban casual point of view, best defined as a play of opposites: mixing vintage with new, hard with soft and eclecticism with minimalism. Each season, Club Monaco offers customers must have fashion and key pieces that together are the foundation of a modern wardrobe.Position Overview
Associate Print & Color Designer reports to the Print & Color Design Manager.
This is a full-time role, based 5 days a week in our midtown Manhattan office.
Seeking a highly flexible and creative candidate who is experienced with all aspects of the design process and is excited to join a collaborative and creative design team.Responsibilities
- Support Print & Color Design Manager with researching creative concept and palette
- Create & source original brand right prints for women/men’s product across all categories
- The development of pattern repeats and execution of alternate colorways for prints, pattern& yarn dyes
- Create technical packages for all print and pattern layout specification for mills/fabric vendor
- Assist in the approval of lab dips, strike-offs and other development materials
- Organizing and maintaining inspiration garments, fabric headers and print resources
- Following up and coordinating all ongoing projects in order to meet stated deadlines
- Be familiar with color technology, dye techniques and print finishes
- Work with designers on visual presentation requiring CAD/photoshop support. Including mood board, color board, sketch boards and omni brief decks
- Collaborate with cross functional teams including merchandizing, product development and R&D
- Efficiently manage own workflow according to priorities and project timeline.
- Keep up to date with current color trends, art, and fashion related products through market research
- Brand awareness and sensitivity to Club Monaco consumer needs
- 2 years of experience working at fashion brands.
- Excellent working knowledge of Illustrator and Photoshop; Figma experience is a plus.
- Artistic hand and strong sense of color and style.
- Fabric knowledge or prior fabric experience is advantage.
- Be a team player, have ability to manage multiple projects with strict deadlines and take initiative.
- Strong time management skills and ability to prioritize workload in order to meet all objectives.
- Be detail oriented, organized and a strong self-starter.
- Must be able to take direction and maintain flexibility in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.