Associate Print Designer - Apparel (Temp to Perm)
Earthbound is a leading product design, licensing and brand growth company that expands the reach of brands in the market on a global scale. With 20 years of expertise in retail licensing, product development, and product design, Earthbound augments brand potential by offering unprecedented growth for powerhouse brands. For more information, please visit www.earthboundbrands.com.
- Are passionate about CAD, print and pattern
- Love to work collaboratively in a group and have an innate willingness to dig in and contribute with your team.
- Are driven and motivated by the possibilities ahead.
- Think innovation is critical in a business environment and support others in creative thinking.
- Pride yourself on the quality of work and are a stickler for the details
Overview of Position:
Please note this is a temp to perm position which will start as freelance with the potential to work part time or full time. The right candidate will the potential to convert to a full time employee within six months.
The Associate CAD Designer will work hand in hand with the CAD Design Manager and be responsible for creating original artwork and reworking prints for a Women’s brand including apparel, accessories, and swim. The Associate Designer should have a strong eye for color with attention to detail and be able to create product ready artwork. Background in accessories and swim prints is a plus.
- Create/edit new print and pattern in partnership with Design Manager, rework archive prints, alter and digitize vintage fabrics and work with Design Manager on all colorways.
- Assist in the preparation of artwork packages for production; creating repeats, color separation and dealing with color limitations.
- Stay up to date on trends, colors and print designs for art concepts and strategy.
- Assist in departmental maintenance such as printer and file archiving maintenance; maintain print library and print charts.
- Adhere to time & action calendar.
- Support the team in preparation for meetings and due dates, including printing out all artwork for milestone meetings.
- Create print boards for concept presentations.
- Collaborate with Team to create prints that align with trend, brand and ready for production.
- Upload artwork into PLM in partnership with the rest of the CAD team
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Fashion Design, Graphic Design, Illustration, or related field
- 5-7 years of experience, primarily in apparel
- Strong CAD expertise skills.
- Solid color sense and ability to match colors accurately.
- Strong artistic, creative and drawing skills.
- Proven ability to develop fashion prints/patterns.
- Proficiency in Photoshop and Illustrator and MS Office.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Great organizational skill and team oriented.
- COVID-19 Vaccination