Associate RTW Designer
Our Client is seeking an on-site Associate RTW Designer (Womenswear) to join their corporate office in Vernon, CA. This candidate will be working closely with the Senior Designer and will be working on cut & sew knits and soft+hard-woven tops and bottom categories.
Responsible for design and development of fashion styles from concept to production.
Please note this is a Full-time IN-OFFICE ROLE.
- Collaborate with the Design team to identify trending seasonal big ideas, key trends, and silhouettes in RTW.
- Design/ develop inspirational protos for seasonal conceptual meetings.
- Conduct competitive market research.
- Flawless execution of product and design vision from concept, sketch/design creation, through production.
- Prepare presentation boards (Sketches, washes, fabrics).
- Adhere to and enforce all calendar deadlines.
- Collaborates with internal partners (Design, Production, Development, Sales, etc) and external resources (agents, suppliers, laundries, mills, factories, etc).
- Monitors product category trends. Recommends product piece types for development and inclusion in the line.
- Complete spec/tech packages including technical illustrations, construction details, trim sheets, etc.
- 1-3 years of design experience in womenswear RTW is a MUST.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Fashion Design or equivalent
- Knowledge/ work experience in working with Domestic and International factories.
- Ability to problem-solve when dealing with specifications, construction, or material issues with vendors.
- Strong Photoshop & Illustrator skills
- Strong sketching and design capability