Associate Sourcing Specialist - Gilly Hicks
Abercrombie & Fitch Co. (A&F Co.) is a global retailer of five iconic, omnichannel lifestyle brands catering to the kid through millennial customer: Abercrombie & Fitch, abercrombie kids, Hollister, Gilly Hicks and Social Tourist. At A&F Co., we're here for our associates, customers and communities on the journey to being and becoming who they are - and because no journey is the same, we strive to create an inclusive culture, where everyone is free to share ideas.
Our Sourcing team oversees the development and bulk production of product from initial design through final delivery. By sourcing the highest quality raw materials, communicating with vendors daily, and managing execution and follow-up for a specific product category in one of our brands, our Sourcing team ensures the timely delivery of quality, profitable goods. Associate Sourcing Specialists work closely with Apparel Design, Tech Design, Merchandising, and Merchandise Planning to manage product strategy and hit business goals.
This job is located at our Global Home Office in Columbus, Ohio.
What Will You Be Doing?
Maintaining and developing vendor relationships to ensure key partnerships for future growth
Providing direct communication and support to vendors daily
Working closely with production managers to monitor schedule and delivery
Evaluating weekly Work in Progress (WIP) report to troubleshoot production issues and assist merchant team in identifying issues
Maintaining production on order tools
Working with Production Coordinator to execute RMS system
Following up on all submits or design samples and communicating comments to overseas offices/agents
Managing raw material submits and testing
Collaborating on fabric development to identify sourcing strategy and needs
Negotiating costs as needed
ProfileWhat Do You Need To Bring?
- Bachelor's degree or relevant experience preferred
- 3-4 years' experience in Production/Sourcing
- Experience in Intimates categories is a plus
- Previous experience/exposure to international factories/vendors required, Asia/Subcontinent preferred
- Ability to evaluate a factory's capabilities/capacity to ensure successful long term growth
- Excellent communication, presentation, and multi-tasking skills and experience managing cross functional teams
- A strong desire for adventure & curiosity
- Ability to adapt and work in a fast-paced, structured environment
- Desire to learn & hunger for more!
- A collaborative approach to working with cross-functional partners to achieve the vision of the brand