For the past 22 years, we’ve committed ourselves and our brand to a single aim: to empower all women and girls. Inspiration. Collaboration. Connection. Inclusivity. It’s what we do best, and we’re on the hunt for people who share our passion for leading an active lifestyle, growing personally as well as professionally, and creating game-changing products and experiences.
We use business as a force for good by putting people and the planet right up there with profit, which is why Athleta is a certified B Corp. Ready to make a move? Join us. Because we know that alone we’re strong, but together we’re unstoppable.
About The RoleIn this role, you will help create compelling, on-brand outfitting that aligns with The Athleta Look and seasonal directive provided by the Director of Styling. Embody a customer-centric mindset with a keen awareness of current trends, product knowledge and investments. Collaborate closely with the Director of Styling, Styling Managers, and respective Creative/Art Directors/Producers to ensure omni styling is elevated, upholds the Athleta brand standards and supports the seasonal Marketing/Creative approach. Lead the assistants, coordinators, and contractors with strategic direction to meet photoshoot deliverables.
Contribute to a positive, friendly, and inclusive environment by consistently treating all employees and external partners with respect. Your goal is to grow the business by going above and beyond for an outstanding customer experience emotional connection with the brand.
What You'll Do
- Take inspiration from credible and relevant fashion references, including high-end designers and current influencers
- Serve as a brand storyteller to drive sales and achieve business priorities, with the customer as the primary focus
- Demonstrate values and behaviors consistent with our culture
- Develop communication skills to exchange complex information
- Manage projects and program execution within area of specialty and ensures quality of work
- Support PPOF styling project needs
- Attend project based seasonal photo shoots
- Support in management of seasonal stylist calendar and secure freelance assistants, as needed
- Oversee the sample pass-off process
Who You Are
- Styling experience in luxury fashion and strong knowledge of trends and designer brands
- Passionate about fashion and design and able to thrive in a collaborative, fast paced environment
- Effective communicator with excellent organizational skills, time management, attention to detail and able to multitask
- Driven to deliver results and meet business goals
- Apply fully functional professional knowledge in styling
Benefits at Athleta
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
- For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.US Candidates – Non NYC
Please note that effective, June 30, 2022, Gap Inc. will no longer require any of its employees to wear face masks or require proof of COVID vaccination, unless required by local or state/provincial mandates or as part of Gap Inc’s quarantine guidelines after being exposed to or testing positive for COVID. Therefore, please disregard any language in any job posting that refers to Gap Inc.’s face mask and proof of vaccination policy as said policy is no longer effective.US Candidates – NYC
Beginning December 27, 2021 the City of New York requires all employees in the City who work on site to provide proof that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless an exemption from the vaccine requirement is approved due to an accommodation for a disability, a sincerely held religious belief or other legally protected basis (including status as a victim of domestic violence, stalking or sex offenses).