Associate Tech Designer
Our client, a well known Contemporary brand, is looking for an experienced Associate Technical Designer to join their rapidly growing team!
If you love working in a fast paced environment, want growth, and love to learn, this for you!
Location- Onsite in Echo Park
What You'll Do:
- Participate in fit sessions, making appropriate recommendations for fit and construction issues, taking notes of recommendations from the Design and Production team during each session.
- Assemble technical packages with detailed photos, illustrations, pattern corrections and updated measurement spec sheet.
- Advise reference and fit sample comments to vendors.
- Work closely with Production and Design on technical construction or fit issues
- Participate in style and fit approval process with cross-functional partners to meet all deadlines and address issues for resolution with Senior Technical Designers
- Assist in organizing and prioritizing workload according to delivery schedules.
- Keep track of all samples, organized by season, sample type, etc.
- Support Senior Technical Designer’ workload to establish fit and construction standards by producing accurate specification packages including sketch details, base size specifications, grading, construction and packaging details.
- Prepare fit list and garments before each fit session.
- Additional tasks as requested by management.
Who You Are:
- Minimum 3 – 5+ years Technical Design experience
- Apparel related Associates or bachelor’s degree from a Fashion School preferred
- Experience working with overseas factories and vendors
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, ability to communicate effectively and accurately,
- Ability to work collaboratively and independently
- Must possess a strong knowledge of garment construction, fit standards and understanding of pattern making, grading rules and specification packages
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and under pressure, must be able to multi-task, problem solve, prioritize work.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite
- Adobe Illustrator/Photoshop/Acrobat