Associate Technical Designer
An Associate Technical Designer helps construct the technical specifications packets, creates fit comments during fittings and inputs formal written/visual comments in PLM. Managing the technical life for their brand(s) from conception to production, to ensure the product stays true to the designer’s vision. Responsible for assisting in the day to day functions of the Technical Design Department.
- Revises and reveals technical specification packages in PLM to maintain standard block measurements and construction requirements of a brand.
- Evaluates photo, fit, PP samples: measurements, construction. Input formal written and visual comments in PLM for the vendors to understand how to proceed with production.
- Writes fit comments during live model and virtual fittings with the technical designer and designers, to evaluate the fit and communicate solutions with the vendor.
- Researches, measures market samples to prepare market comparison reports.
- Works with pattern makers/product specialists to make sure drawing specs are complete and accurate.
- Assists/provides technical assistance and su pport to vendors/contractors/customers/agents.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
- Files samples in an organized location for easy retrieval/reference.
- MS Windows, Google Apps, Illustrator, PLM, pattern design software (Gerber AccuMark or Optitex preferred)
- Pattern making experience
- Garment construction knowledge
- Garment fit experience
- Basic pattern grading knowledge
- Fabrics and trims knowledge
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Good analytical and mathematical skills
- Acute attention to detail
- Ability to manage deadlines and changing priorities
- B.A. Apparel Design, Technical Design or Apparel Production
- 2+ years experience in technical design and/or pattern making
- Proficient in PLM, Word, Excel, Illustrator