Associate Technical Designer
Banana Republic was founded with an explorer’s spirit and a desire to venture to new places, beyond the boundaries of the everyday. Our clothing is designed for a life with no boundaries.
We travel near and far in search of the finest materials and fabric innovations to infuse style with substance, because we believe that what you wear should open a world of possibilities. And the people that make up Banana Republic share the same qualities as our brand: curious, connected, undaunted by boundaries. Sound like you? Join us for the adventure of what’s next.
Job descriptionAbout the Role
In this role, you will be accountable for maintaining and executing design aesthetics through consistent fit and construction, that aligns to our customers' needs. You will be a strong collaborator and influencer with cross functional partners and vendors and be able to translate design concepts into specifications for costing and first prototypes, by leveraging fit camps and maintaining overall customer fit consistency. You will be responsible for providing direction to global sourcing teams to expand vendor capabilities and troubleshoot fit issues, as needed.
What You'll Do
- Oversee the development of pattern blocks and to achieve optimal and consistent fit
- Manage the development and maintenance of tech packs throughout the line creation process
- Provide guidance and recommendations on vendor readiness and fit empowerment
- Ask effective questions and solicit feedback to understand needs
Who You Are
- Significant technical design experience with fabric and garment construction, pattern/blocks and manufacturing processes and prior experience working in an apparel retail company
- Establish and maintain an effective industry network, regularly benchmarking and actively participating in industry association working committees
- Demonstrate a sound understanding of design, merchandising, and product development priorities
- Recognize and act on inconsistencies in data or results
- Apply knowledge of methods in a professional and inclusive way to your cross functional teams