Associate Technical Designer
Kontoor Brands, Inc. (NYSE: KTB) is a global lifestyle apparel company with a portfolio of some of the world’s most iconic consumer brands: Wrangler® and Lee®. We design, manufacture and distribute superior high-quality products that look good, fit right, and are crafted with sensitivity to our planet to give people around the world the freedom and confidence to express themselves.
With a presence in more than 60 countries and a heritage spanning a combined 200 years, our global community of more than 14,000 employees fosters a culture of integrity, collaboration, performance and entrepreneurial spirit. We are looking for inclusive, humble, creative and forward-looking employees with a passion for creating innovative apparel products, accessories, and solutions that are both meaningful and purposeful for consumers and employees.
Associate Technical Designer: Become the Newest Member of Kontoor Brands
This Associate Technical Designer is responsible for our Kontoor Brands’ complete technical development of pattern-making and technical specifications from the onset of each seasonal development to finalization of sampling development. This role is focused on our specific Brand’s business unit’s product category lines. Supervising the on-time adherence of functional task timelines in accordance with brands’ strategic Go-to-Market milestones and critical dates. Technical packages are built to meet or exceed pre-determined gross margin and price targets. This team lead manages the communication and processes of all product specifications details to strictly meet the quality standards established in pattern, technical construction and approved materials. This Associate collaborates with cross-functional areas on all major finalization activities of pattern and all technical specifications into existing systems and tools for a complete and on-time pass-off to production partners.
- Manages own activities in providing technical expertise on product development in the areas of pre-production pattern development, technical construction specification and materials finalization to ensure all pre-production specifications are completed accurately and within specified timelines
- Works closely in tandem with Product Development team to ensure a complete, on-time pass off to Production Technical Design team to enable next stage of production-ready packages to Field manufacturing, overseas offices and vendor suppliers.
- Executes Design/Merchandising product changes to Production Technical Design and/or Manufacturing in timely to ensure accurate execution in bulk production. Manages up-to-date information and workflow in current tools and related systems.
- Administers new and current fit blocks into pattern development alongside 3D pattern design and asset management; and with technical construction manual specifications. Applies and follows established standard operating procedures related to materials management (Bills of Materials), Labelling & Packaging manuals and Folding guides
- Serves as a problem-solving technical resource to cross-functional teams to proactively resolve pattern, construction, quality, finishing, findings, and systems issues in pre-production stage. Escalates exception issues promptly to supervisors and/or related business partners.
- Adopt new skills and training to facilitate implementation of new technology, systems and tools. Assists in identifying and deploying best practices within own unit and cross-functionally.
- Responsible for personal training and development. Conducts self-performance appraisal to review with direct supervisor
- Self-driven individual motivated to drive results and high-performance
- Attention to details and loves problem-solving
- Solid organization skills to prioritize, multitask and deliver to deadlines and drive optimal results
- High proficiency in systems – SAP, Illustrator and MS Office applications (SharePoint, Teams, Excel etc.)
- Excellent communication and networking skills
- Extensive apparel manufacturing experience with extensive knowledge in pattern, technical product development processes and systems. development or related manufacturing, sourcing, or operations areas.
- In-depth technical knowledge in E2E product manufacturing processes Preferred experience in Jeanswear Bottoms or Tops product
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher preferred