Associate Technical Designer
FIGS is looking for an Associate Technical Designer to join the Technical Design team. As a member of this team, you will be assisting with fit sessions, communicating revisions to vendors and working cross-functionally to ensure accuracy of tech packs. You'll be responsible for assisting Pattern Makers and the Senior Technical Designer on all garment components including fit, fabric, construction, stitch and trim into fit comments and tech packs. This individual will also support our PD and Design teams and fully understand all measurement and fit details accurately to execute premium medical apparel products to the end consumer. You'll be reporting to our Fit Innovation Manager. Our ideal candidate is creative, passionate about products, highly organized, is clear with processes, is a serial problem solver and an all-star communicator.
What you'll do:
- Prepare samples for fittings by measuring and reviewing overall appearance, construction and updating WIPs and sample tracker
- Coordinate In-house sampling process
- Assist in live fit sessions with cross-functional teams in attendance and taking clear notes
- Write comprehensive fit comments that are clear and precise
- Collaborate with the Technical Designers and Pattern Makers post fitting to ensure accurate pattern and fit corrections are translated correctly
- Maintain and organize the block library and wear test database
- Will own the sample organization on racks and designated storage area
- Ability to work as a team player with cross-functional partners during fit sessions and weekly meetings
- Demonstrated ability for follow through on tight deadlines
- 2-3 years experience in a similar role within apparel technical design/pattern making, with an understanding of apparel design & development process from inception through Production
- Must be able to take direction independently while working in a team environment
- Strong understanding and extensive knowledge of all fabric types and garment construction with garment measurement experience and basic pattern skills
- Must have technical experience with multiple product categories with strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication
- Able to effectively communicate with international vendors and cross functional teams on a regular basis
- Exceptional eye to identify fit issues and recommend solutions while mindful of bulk production and costing
- Experience in PLM and Gerber a plus
- Ability to sketch in Adobe Illustrator
A little bit about us...
The medical apparel industry is antiquated, highly fragmented and, until FIGS, was driven solely by low-cost providers offering a limited selection of poor quality products sold through third party distributors. FIGS is revolutionizing the medical apparel industry by creating the highest quality medical apparel in the world and by selling directly to medical professionals through our branded ecommerce site.
FIGS' foundation is built on product quality, and we have a relentless focus on three key areas: fabric, fit and function. We developed our proprietary, performance-oriented fabric technology to meet the demands of the medical profession. FIGS' Technical Collection fabric is wrinkle resistant, moisture-wicking, lightweight, breathable and offers four-way stretch. Our designs are tailored, sophisticated and innovative, incorporating features such as yoga waistbands, smart storage (pockets, zippers, hidden pockets) and inspirational sayings inside each garment that appeal to modern healthcare professionals.
By offering a branded and customer-centric online shopping experience, we are changing how medical professionals buy their workwear. Through our website, social media, and participation in medical conferences and events, we have built a strong following within the medical community and a meaningful connection with our customers, which allows us to understand their needs and to ensure that FIGS is continuously improving and innovating.
FIGS' Threads for Threads initiative is central to our mission. FIGS has donated hundreds of thousands of scrubs to healthcare providers in need around the world.