Associate, Technical Designer
Centric Brands is a leading lifestyle brand collective that designs, sources, markets and sells high quality products in multiple segments, including women’s, men’s and kid’s apparel, accessories, entertainment and beauty. Centric Brands is focused on our customers and our brands that will drive the company’s future growth. We are defined by innovation as we seize new opportunities and thrive in an environment informed by creativity and thinking that is both analytical and outside the box. Centric Brands reflects a team built on respect, for others and for the hard work it takes to achieve our goals and build our bright future together.
Specific Responsibilities Would Include
- Work closely with the Technical Design Manager to create accurate initial specs and determine proper fit and construction.
- Participate in fit sessions, making appropriate recommendations for fit and construction issues.
- Advise fit sample comments to vendors
- Participate in style and fit approval process with cross-functional partners to meet all deadlines and address issues for resolution with technical designers and fashion designers
- Communicate development and fit information to overseas vendors through written reports, sketches and/or pattern corrections
- Review and comment on digital reports from overseas teams.
- Adhere to established fit, construction, and safety standards by producing accurate specification packages including sketch details, base size specifications, grading, and construction
- Must possess strong knowledge of garment construction, fit standards, understanding of patternmaking, and grade rules.
- Must be able to work effectively in a fast-paced environment and under pressure.
- Must possess good time management and organizational skills
- Must possess the ability to follow through with task completion
- Ability to multi-task
- Superior organizational skills and excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Minimum 3+ yrs Technical Design experience
- Apparel related Associates or Bachelor’s degree from a Fashion School preferred
- Experience working with overseas factories and vendors
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite, Adobe Illustrator
- Experience with Flex PLM
In return, we provide an industry-competitive salary, along with a comprehensive benefits plan (medical, dental, vision) that includes a matching 401 (k), Summer Fridays, generous PTO, merchandise discounts, excellent career development opportunities, and a work environment that reflects our industry leadership. Our social impact program, Centric Cares, focuses on volunteerism to make a difference in communities we live and work in and our D&I committee is shaping the future of diversity, equity and inclusion at Centric Brands though workshops, resources and inspiring conversation.
Salary Range: $55,000-$62,000
At Centric Brands, we believe our people are our greatest asset, and we seek to structure competitive compensation offers to ensure that we are able to attract and retain the best talent. Our job postings include an annual base salary range at the time of employment. The stated base salary range represents our good faith estimate as to what candidates are likely to expect, and we tailor our offers within the range based on several factors, including the selected candidate's educational and professional experience, industry knowledge, location, technical and communication skills, and other factors that may prove relevant during the selection process. Base salary is a part of a total compensation package, which, depending on the position, may also include commission earnings, annual bonus and other Centric Brands sponsored benefit programs.
Be part of our growing community by getting involved with groups, teams and initiatives like Be Green, Be Giving, and Be Celebrated.Centric Brands is an Equal Opportunity Employer