Associate Technical Designer - Women's Cut & Sew Knits
This role will support the Women’s Cut & Sew Knit teams on all aspects of the product lifecycle from concept to final development with direction from the category’s leader.
- Represent the Company interest of universal and consistent fit and proper construction
- Network with design and production to communicate company point of view to vendors
- Lead fit sessions
- Communicate development and fit information, from initial concept through TOP samples, through written reports, phone conversations, and sketches and/or pattern corrections, in a timely manner
- Maintain fit standards, written reports, records and samples
- Create and maintain tracking reports of sample status
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Able to work in a hybrid environment, which may/will require working in person/in-office for a portion or all of a week based on the needs of the business
- In person/in-office collaboration may be required for work centralized around product development, milestone meetings, fittings, and approvals.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Fashion or Art (or equivalent experience and education)
- Experience working in Apparel; 1-2 years related Knits experience
- Keen eye for color, trend, detail and construction
- Able to multi task and prioritize based on business objectives
- Ability to act as liaison between many departments; excellent communication and analytic skills.
- Must be detail oriented, computer literate and able to handle multiple tasks at once.
- Comfortable working in an hybrid environment - working in office as well as remote work from home
AEO Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Primary LocationUnited States-New York-NEW YORK
Work LocationsNew York Design Office
Job LevelDay Job
Job PostingMay 23, 2022, 9:54:17 AM