Associate Textile Designer
Devgiri is seeking a new Associate Textile Designer to add to a growing rug and home textile product design & development team. Reporting to the Senior team, the Associate Textile Designer will work very closely with the design team, the sales & merchandising teams and the sampling units in India. The Associate Textile Designer will learn the product categories in-depth, understand the customer needs for specific accounts and develop product presentations for each customer based on market information, customer feedback and trend forecasts. The job roles involve a mix of independent projects and support projects.
- Work with the US design team to create textile designs for the indoor and outdoor rugs
- Independently handle line development and special design projects or seasonal projects
- Meet with sales team to review customer projects. Provide design and other meeting materials as required
- Keep up to date on retail and US/international color, design and sales trends
- Communicate with overseas PD team for the design and product development of new designs and products
- Support showroom set-up for markets.
- Prior experience of 2-3 years as home textile or textile designer
- BFA in Textile Design
- Candidate must be proactive, resourceful and efficient with good organization skills
- In depth understanding of textile construction and manufacturing textiles for weaving and printing processes.
- Keen sense of urgency, initiative and motivation
- Overseas manufacturing experience
- Professional verbal and written communication skills
- Able to take direction and work in a collaborative team environment
- Extremely well-versed in Photoshop, Illustrator or other design software
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Powerpoint)
- Open to international and domestic travel. Travel will be determined by previous experience and growth in the position.
The position is based in Atlanta, office located downtown.
Hybrid schedule- 2 days/week in Atlanta office. 2 weeks a year for remote working.
Devgiri offers health, dental, vision benefits, and 401(k).
Please submit a resume and portfolio. The portfolio should show a range of work including weaves/printed fabrics and CAD designs to show drawing style, color sense and style aesthetic.
Please email resume and digital portfolio or portfolio website to [email protected]
Devgiri is a rug and home textile design and manufacturing company with offices and showrooms in Atlanta, New York and India. Products include handmade wool and natural fiber based area and accent rugs, machine made synthetic rugs, printed rugs, indoor/outdoor rugs, bath rugs, shower curtains, windows and table linens, which are sold to US and global retailers. Key US Customers include Target, West Elm, Crate & Barrel, Pottery Barn, Walmart, Bed Bath & Beyond, TJ Maxx/HomeGoods, World Market and Lowe’s.