Associate Textile Designer
REVOLVE is the next-generation fashion retailer for millennial and Generation Z consumers. As a trusted, premium lifestyle brand and a go-to source for discovery and inspiration, REVOLVE delivers an engaging customer experience from a vast yet curated offering of over 45,000 products. Founded in Los Angeles in 2003 by co-CEOs, Michael Mente and Mike Karanikolas, REVOLVE’s family of brands includes their luxury offering, FORWARD by Elyse Walker, and a portfolio of 24 owned brands such as Lovers + Friends, Tularosa, NBD and RAYE.
The Owned Brand division within REVOLVE is an industry-leading fashion design and production house based in Los Angeles. Leveraging the power of REVOLVE’s data driven merchandising, combined with raw creative talent results in an unparalleled ability to identify a specific market niches, developing brands that each have their own identity, designed with a distinct consumer interest and personality in mind.
At REVOLVE the most successful team members have a thirst and the creativity to make this the top e-commerce brand in the world. With a HQ team of 800+ based out of Cerritos, California we are a dynamic bunch that are motivated by getting the company to the next level. It’s our goal to hire high-energy, diverse, bright, creative, and flexible individuals who thrive in a fast-paced work environment. In return, we promise to keep REVOLVE a company where inspired people will always thrive.
To take a behind the scenes look at the REVOLVE “corporate” lifestyle check out our Instagram @REVOLVEcareers or .Are you ready to set the standard for Premium apparel?Main Purpose Of The Associate Textile Designer Role
The Associate Textile Designer will support the Textile Designer and utilize his or her creativity to manipulate and design prints for our various brands and Designers. This position will work very closely with our Design team to produce high quality print files with a quick turnaround time. This is a permanent full time role for a candidate who has advanced Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator skills and has strong communication skills that will thrive in a fast-paced work environment.Major Responsibilities
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Create full repeat, digital artwork files from scanned vintage fabrics
- Utilize Photoshop to prepare artwork by creating repeat tiles, color-separating onto layers, and preparing for production by calling out dimensions and pantones
- Organize artwork files to share back and forth between designers and vendors. Must be able to prepare artwork files for sharing by appropriately organizing and naming layers in Photoshop
- Amend and re-color existing prints/artwork and colorways
- Resize and edit artwork as requested by Designers
- Utilize hand drawing or illustration when necessary to create designs
- Digitize illustrations and/or scans in Illustrator or Photoshop
- Complete ad-hoc tasks and assignments as directed by management
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Possess advanced skills in Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator
- Possess skills in drawing or illustration
- Must be highly organized and detail oriented
- Must be able to organize and name layers properly for sharing artwork files with Designers and vendors
- Must have an exceptional eye for colorways and color matching
- Must have strong communication skills and the ability to follow-up when needed
- Must be able to perform efficiently with tight deadlines and goal driven
- Must be familiar and comfortable working with color separations, recoloring, manipulating existing designs, etc.
- Ability to work in a very fast-paced environment while maintaining a high level of quality and accuracy
- Must be able and willing to lift and carry up to 10 lbs., perform frequent repetitive finger, hand and wrist motions, as well as bending, stooping, reaching, squatting, kneeling, pushing, and pulling
- Must be able to sit for extended periods of time
- Minimum 1-2 years experience working in a similar role
- Must have a degree in Textile Design, Graphic Design or equivalent experience
- Must have knowledge of print production and printing techniques
- Advanced in Adobe Illustrator + Photoshop
- Ability to paint and draw whenever it is required
- Strong knowledge of print production and printing techniques
- Strong illustration skills
A successful candidate works well in a dynamic environment with minimal supervision. As a REVOLVE affiliated company we all roll up our sleeves to pitch-in and do whatever it takes to get the job done. Each day is a little different, it’s what keeps us on our toes and excited to come to work every day.Attention
After submitting your application, please check your spam folder for emails on your application status. Emails are sent from an ADP email address.
The following job description contains representative examples of work that will be performed in positions allocated to this classification. It is not required that any position perform all of the duties listed, so long as primary responsibilities are consistent with the work as described. Roles and responsibilities can often be expanded to accommodate changing business conditions and goals, as well as to tap into the skills and talents of the individuals in the company. Accordingly, associates may be asked to perform duties that are outside the specific functions that are listed.