Associate, Visual Merchandiser
Associate, Visual Merchandiser
VENUS is a leading women’s fashion brand offering clothing, swimwear, and lingerie in sizes 2-24. Founded in 1984 and headquartered in Jacksonville, Florida, VENUS’ unique products inspire Fun. Sexy. Style. and help our customers to make an impression in every moment of their lives.
This role is an opportunity to join a growing organization with transparent leadership and to work in an innovative environment with other passionate and hard-working people. Sustainability, diversity, and inclusion are core values of our brand and are central to the company’s engaging culture. If you would like to be part of our inclusive, forward-thinking, and collaborative team, we encourage you to apply today!
The Visual Merchandiser Associate works with merchants, planning and marketing teams to align the process, trends and key seasonal strategies by merchandise category, inventory and marketing priorities, to appropriately define the commercial calendar. This role is responsible for placing product and creating the road map for the creative team with a focus on maximum results in demand.
- Initiate & own meetings working with cross- functional teams to publish and communicate outputs so that planning, inventory and merchant teams align on product and messaging focus.
- Use “Edited” to determine competitive rhythm.
- Participate in planning and execution of outputs across all channels (catalog, email, landing pages, etc.) including but not limited to: high level planning, feature item selection, quality assurance checks.
- Create a seasonal spreadsheet using the Commercial Calendar designating specific trends and product merchandising for channel output.
- Hindsight analysis on feature items and stories
- Hindsight on all channel’s performance across email, landing pages, etc.
- Work with Planning, merchandising (swim and fashion), marketing and other teams to build the Commercial Calendar.
- Campaign briefs, meetings, milestone planning
- Build all outputs in channel with a consideration of:
- Hindsight results from past: Density, Design and promotional impacts
- Trends in market
- Events in industry
- Merchandising stories and product focus
- Business cycle of demand/expectations
- Actively participate in company round table, workshop discussions.
- Other duties maybe assigned.
- Some travel may be required
- Acute sense of brand and customer intimacy with proven talent to develop and identify current market fashion items and trends that will appeal to the Venus customer.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Knowledge and experience in developing vendor partnerships.
- Strategic and analytical thinker with intellectual agility.
- Strong computer skills to include Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent collaboration skills and outstanding follow-up with the team.
- Exceptionally organized and conscientious.
- Ability to work well under pressure and under short deadlines.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Fashion Merchandising, Business, Communications or a related field, and 3+ years of related experience in Merchandising, or an equivalent combination of education & experience.