Associate Womenswear Designer, Nautica
The Associate Designer, in partnership with the Senior Designer and cross functional team (Merchandising, Production, Graphics, Technical Design, etc.) designs and executes the women’s woven product from initial concept through to pre-production, including: conceptual direction, trend, fabrics, styling, trims, technical renderings, approvals and fittings. The Associate Designer proactively seeks opportunities to ensure trend-right & Brand-relevant product while partnering with cross functional teams to achieve the financial goals of the category. This position will be responsible for women’s woven’s categories: tops, dresses, outerwear and bottoms.
- Proactively seek out opportunities to maximize & grow the business
- Drive newness and innovation within product classification through a variety of resources including: trend websites, runway, shopping, and fabric and trim direction.
- Develop strong collaborative relationships with cross functional team members (Merchandising, Production, Graphics & Technical Design).
- Initiates tech packs, including: detailed and accurate sketches, garment construction, fabric, trim, etc. Responsible for maintaining updates throughout design process.
- Manage deadlines in accordance with the corporate calendar, proactively trouble shooting where necessary
- Maintain daily communication with Production partners to resolve costing, quality and product development issues. Partner with PD team to ensure fabric & design are within costing parameters
- Collaborates with technical designer to create specs for each style. Attends fit meetings and communicates detailed comments on fit and construction to technical design team.
- Translate seasonal concept into fully articulated line for product classification. Work with Senior Designer & Design Director to create product line that is consistent with market trends, while still maintaining brand identity & aesthetic, and business goals.
- Support and participate in all relevant company wide initiatives as they arise.
- Effectively communicate designs in key milestone meetings
- Design degree, with 3 plus years of design experience in women’s woven design (including woven tops, dresses, bottoms, outerwear. Preferably working for branded product line.
- Strong conceptual design ability, sense of trends and color direction
- Proactive problem solver: takes initiative in identifying and resolving problems in a timely manner.
- Adaptability: Ability to multi-task and shift priorities in a dynamic environment.
- Technical skills: Knowledge of measuring garment dimensions, garment construction, detailed tech packs
- Excellent organizational and communication skills,follow up and presentation skills
- Highly proficient in Microsoft office, photoshop & illustrator, and web based PLM (DeSL preferred).
- Ability to work independently.
SPARC Group LLC is an equal opportunity employer. We value a culture of inclusion and diversity within our workforce, and are committed to maintaining a workplace free from prohibited employment conduct, including discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, domestic partner status, civil partnership, status as a covered veteran, status in the Uniformed Services of the United States, citizenship and any other characteristic protected by law (“Protected Characteristics”).