PURPOSE OF ROLE
We are looking for someone with a great energy and real passion for making a design come to life, putting their mark on making luxury goods. We have a gorgeous little Atelier that needs nurturing, and we need an addition to our team that continues the spirit that runs through the studio.
This position will be responsible for the Atelier running and technical direction for all RTW collections, throughout the entire development process through to Production handovers, ensuring that all developments achieve the high-quality product that the brand is known for and that critical paths are adhered to.
This role will be responsible for a team of freelance seamstresses, pattern cutters and cutters to develop patterns, toiles, final sms and small production runs. This role will be responsible for setting and managing relevant workloads to achieve all deadlines required, whilst maintaining a smooth flow of work and ensuring budgets are managed.
To work across all RTW including pre and main, and to facilitate the inclusion of knitwear & special projects.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Minimum 3+ years experience of running/ coordinating a studio.
- Excellent knowledge of garment construction and manufacturing methods.
- Tech pack creation experince.
- Excellent understanding and experience of pattern cutting & machining.
- Understanding and experience of sizing and fitting.
- Basic understanding of grading would be great.
- Logical and pro-active approach to problem solving.
- Strong organizational skills.
- A great team player.
- Experience in Luxury or Premium preferred.
- Excel - Intermediate level.
- Book freelance pattern cutters & machinists.
- Responsible for following the development of all designs through to production handover for pre and show, facilitating knitwear, special projects, bridal and private clients.
- Responsible for meeting critical path deadlines for all style developments of RTW and any other projects which pass through the atelier.
- Responsible for trialing all new freelance pattern cutters & machinists.
- Responsible for all Atelier budgets.
- Maintain visual work progression boards, working rails & daily workflow calendar, organise the prioritisation of patterns, cutting, machining, spec writing & digitising to ensure a smooth regular work flow.
- Ensure all new fabrics have wearer trials, stitch trials and fusing sustainability trials actioned.
- Responsible for the creation of technical sheets for all RTW styles, working with pattern cutters, prior to issuing to a supplier/ production.
- Responsible to ensure that lay plans and ratings of patterns are created at development stage, in accordance with the seasonal deadlines and company critical path.
- Direct all RTW fittings, inclusive of taking fit notes, creating weekly fit lists and ensuring all relevant members of the team are updated on all pieces in development on a weekly basis.
- Responsible for overseeing and maintaining all stock levels in the Atelier.
- Ensure clear organisation throughout the Atelier and that end of season clear outs happen.
- Responsible for ensuring the teams are developing all styles with a high standard of finishing whilst having a good commercial understanding of what is achievable at the required price-point.
- Responsible for ensuring a smooth and detailed handover to production.
- Responsible for hiring of Atelier interns.