General: Belt designer must have product classification experience and a strong technical understanding of Belts and hardware. Role requires a keen interest in the fashion market, with an eye for trends, colorways, new fabrications, and an ability to design into a variety of distribution levels.
Responsible for management of all collections and projects ensuring they are developed in a timely fashion - with attention to detail and proper follow-up. Excellent communication skills required - position corresponds daily with overseas vendors and regularly with buyers.
Must be a self-starter and capable of balancing multiple projects simultaneously with attention to deadlines and benchmarks.
- Perform trend execution and research.
- Communicate daily with overseas vendors.
- Knowledge and experience with CAD. Possess excellent presentation skills - including Illustrator flat sketches and Photoshop photo-real CADS.
- Experience with product development, hardware development, technical design, and production quality approvals.
- Present to buyer in person and virtually.
- Work well in team collaborations and support other team members when needed.
- Meet all milestones and calendar due dates.
- Proficiency in Adobe applications, particularly Photoshop and Illustrator.
- A self-starter, able to juggle multiple projects simultaneously with attention to deadlines and benchmarks.
Specific Job Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education, Licenses, Certificates, Registrations And/or Experience
- Must have belt design experience, and a strong technical understanding of the category, including belt design, hardware design, and tech packs.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- A strong understanding of contemporary Design associated with the Brand DNA.
- Please include a portfolio with your application*
Salary Range: The pay range of this position is $80k-85k. Actual salary will be determined based off candidate’s skill sets, years of experience, and other job-related factors. This range does not include benefits such as health insurance, paid time off, 401K, and additional company benefits