Bench Jeweller & Workshop Manager
Completedworks is an award-winning jewellery and homeware label based in London, UK. Prioritising recycled and renewable resources, Completedworks’ pieces have been worn by brilliant women from many disciplines including poets, artists, activists and actors such as Adwoa Aboah, Jodie Comer, Emma Watson and Maya Rudolph, as well as been auctioned in a contemporary designer sale at Christie’s New York. In 2022, Completedworks was nominated for the BFC/Vogue Designer Fashion Fund.
We believe that building an important and lasting brand will only be possible with the strength and entrepreneurial spirit of our team and colleagues. In return, we endeavour to create a supportive working environment with a focus on learning, collaboration, development and individual growth.
As our team continues to expand, we are looking for a bright and motivate individual to join our team on a full time basis, based in our studio in Marylebone, London. You will be an instrumental part of developing and driving the brand forward and as part of a small team will be expected to be adaptable, conscientious and detail oriented.
Key responsibilities include
- Overseeing daily operational management of the workshop including planning and organising production schedules, working closely with the design team and operations team to ensure the smooth running of the entire in-house sampling, production and repairs processes;
- Working closely with the design team to interpret sketches and ideas into high quality samples and production specs;
- Multi-tasking around the fast-paced process of building and presenting collections to a strict schedule;
- Producing detailed and systematic production specification sheets to assist in the production of our jewellery ranges;
- Ensuring a safe and productive workshop environment for all of the team;
- Fulfilling the in-house production needs of all bridal and bespoke fine jewellery orders to tight deadlines, as well as ad-hoc repair and resizing needs;
- Problem solving production issues, as well as researching and developing new techniques;
- Estimating and negotiating budgets and timescales with colleagues, suppliers and clients;
- Assessing individual project and resource requirements;
- Organising and leading the internship programmes;
- Navigating laser engraving desktop software to apply engravings to jewellery items.
Skills and Experience
- Strong benchwork skills with experience and knowledge in the cleaning and polishing of castings, soldering, wax carving and modelling, metal forming and forging, general repairs and ring resizing;
- Certifiable design/jewellery production qualification, BA degree or equivalent;
- Minimum of 3 years experience in a workshop environment;
- Experience working with fine metals (gold, platinum) essential;
- Previous experience in a management role is an advantage;
- Skills in Adobe software and CAD are an advantage;
- Strong planning, organisation and leadership skills;
- Flexible and self-motivated with ability to problem solve, carry out tasks indepdently and prioritise workload;
- An attention to detail and ability to anticipate the needs of the studio and workshop team;
- Strong negotiation skills and decision making ability;
- Ability to work under pressure and motivate others to meet tight deadlines;
- Strong work ethic with an ability to produce a high volume of work quickly and to a high standard;
- Interest in the world of Completedworks and passion for luxury goods.