Beyond Yoga: Director of Product Development
Beyond Yoga is a luxury athletic and lifestyle clothing brand rooted in the belief that you deserve to look and feel amazing whether you're headed to the studio or staying in. Prioritizing quality from the start, our clothing is made in the USA with luxuriously soft fabrics, ethical manufacturing processes, and rigorous fit testing. We offer a range of sizes (up to 3X in many styles) so that everyone can wear Beyond Yoga. Quality, inclusivity, and attention to detail aren't just catch phrases for us, we apply them to everything we do inside the company walls and out.
The people we hire are, like us: passionate • inclusive • honest • warm • focused • curious • enthusiastic • and fun!
About the Job
- Supervise, develop and mentor Product Development Manager, Costing Technician and Sample Room
- Assess current practices and implement policies and procedures to enhance department Operations
- Conduct weekly check-ins with each team to keep visibility on progress utilizing WIPs for associated approvals of all samples, trims and fabrics then help offer solutions to challenges that impact deadlines
- Establish priorities for proto, SRS, and pre-production fittings according to target calendar dates
- Update cross functional partners on delays
- Review cost sheets and attend margin review meetings
- Partner with Design and Merchandising on new concepts and techniques to support continuous product innovation
- Work closely with design director and product development manager on fabric sourcing, to ensure good, better, best price points are represented & fabrications/trims are being leveraged across multiple styles to optimize costing
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of development methodologies, best practices, and Processes
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in Product Development.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience working with domestic contractors
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in activewear, performance wear or seamless activewear.
- Proficient in Excel.
- Knowledge of an ERP system (RLM) a plus.
- Adobe Illustrator is a plus.
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written) and a strong attention to detail
- Must be able to work independently and collaboratively in a team environment
- Highly organized, detail oriented, deadline driven, and able to prioritize multiple task
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Strong problem analysis and problem-solving skills
- Must have a can-do attitude and strong work ethic
We put a lot of thought into our programs to provide you with a benefits package that matters. Whether it is for medical care, taking time off, improving your health or planning for retirement, we've got you covered. Here's a small snapshot:
- 401K match: $1.25 for every $1.00 you contribute up to the first 6% of pay you save.
- Five hours of paid volunteer time per month with nonprofit organizations
- Product discount of 50% off regular-price merchandise
- Paid Family Leave
Currently, LS&CO requires proof of being fully vaccinated for COVID-19 as a condition of commencing employment, except in those jurisdictions where prohibited by law. Medical or religious accommodations, or other exemptions that may be required by applicable law, will be approved when properly supported. Further information is provided during the recrui
USA, Culver City, Beyond Yoga HQ
FULL TIME/PART TIME