Beyond Yoga: Senior Designer
Current LS&Co Employees, apply via your Workday account.
Job descriptionJOB DESCRIPTION
Beyond Yoga is a luxury athletic and lifestyle clothing brand rooted in the belief that you deserve to look and feel amazing whether you're headed to the studio or staying in. Prioritizing quality from the start, our clothing is made in the USA with luxuriously soft fabrics, ethical manufacturing processes, and rigorous fit testing. We offer inclusive sizing (up to 3X in many sizes) so that everyone can wear Beyond Yoga. Quality, inclusivity, and attention to detail aren't just catch phrases for us, we apply them to everything we do inside the company walls and out.
The people we hire, like us: Passionate·hard working·inclusive·honest·ambitious·warm·focused·curious·enthusiastic·and fun!
About the Job
- Create elevated, compelling, brand-right products with a focus on product craft, functional detailing and industry leading style.
- Drive and execute seasonal products in line with product concept, color, materials and trim direction set by the Design Director.
- Assist the creation of seasonal platforms bringing unique design inspiration - mood boards, color palette, prints, fabric intent and bodies.
- Design high performing styles within a cohesive product assortment working collaboratively with Senior Design peers.
- Develop from concept through production.
- Create all original required design work - Detailed, proportionate product sketches, detailed construction pages, material and trim BOM.
- Present design ideation at all necessary sketch reviews; Thorough presentation of silhouette, product construction, fit intent, material and trim detail.
- Work seamlessly with Tech Design and Product Development to approve fits to PP, understand garment engineering in order to drive exceptional fit consistency in the product.
- Create detailed schematics for all trim, branding and packaging as necessary.
- Ensure all design deadlines are met, promoting productivity while minimizing risks of delay.
- Build strong and synergistic relationships with cross-functional partners: Merchandising, Tech Design, Product Development, and Production.
- Coach and mentor junior designers/assistants in design, tech pack, fit and garment construction skills
- Think innovatively at all stages of the creative, design and development process: research on a regular basis to be at the forefront of trends and shifts in the athleisure and fashion landscapes, as well as all parallel and influential industries.
- 7+ years experience in active and lifestyle apparel design
- Must have completed a Bachelors or University degree (B.A) in Fashion/Apparel Product Design
- Expert knowledge of knit and woven fabrications, fit and construction for active and lifestyle products
- Design experience in both Women's and Menswear categories preferred (*Outerwear experiencea plus)
- Strong knowledge of fit for fabrication. Basic knowledge of pattern making and material consumption, fabric and trim usage
- Strong aesthetic and taste level. Excellent sense of style, trend, color, and print & pattern
- Basic understanding of domestic and overseas product development preferred
- Detail-oriented; ability to perform with a high degree of accuracy in a fast paced environment
- Sound understanding of product creation calendars, Meets deadlines, copes well with changes
- Ateam player, you contribute positively to team dynamic, cultivate passion and productivity
- Expert in Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office
- Proficient in PLM systems (RLM a plus)
We put a lot of thought into our programs to provide you with a benefits package that matters. Whether it is for medical care, taking time off, improving your health or planning for retirement, we've got you covered. Here's a small snapshot:
- 401K match: $1.25 for every $1.00 you contribute up to the first 6% of pay you save.
- Five hours of paid volunteer time per month with nonprofit organizations
- Product discount of 50% off regular-price merchandise
- Paid Family Leave
Currently, LS&CO requires proof of being fully vaccinated for COVID-19 as a condition of commencing employment, except in those jurisdictions where prohibited by law. Medical or religious accommodations, or other exemptions that may be required by applicable law, will be approved when properly supported. Further information is provided during the recruitment process