Beyond Yoga-Senior Technical Designer
Beyond Yoga is a luxury athletic and lifestyle clothing brand rooted in the belief that you deserve to look and feel amazing whether you’re headed to the studio or staying in. Prioritizing quality from the start, our clothing is made in the USA with luxuriously soft fabrics, ethical manufacturing processes, and rigorous fit testing. We offer a range of sizes (from XXS to 4X in many styles) so that everyone can wear Beyond Yoga. Quality, inclusivity, and attention to detail aren’t just catch phrases for us, we apply them to everything we do inside the company walls and out.
In September 2021 we joined Levi Strauss & Co., one of the world’s largest brand-name apparel companies and a global leader in jeans wear. Beyond Yoga will operate as a standalone brand within LS&Co. LS&Co. will provide resources to help Beyond Yoga achieve its goals of brand building, store opening, category expansion and global distribution.
The people we hire are, like us: passionate • hard working • inclusive • honest • ambitious • warm • focused • curious • enthusiastic • and fun!
Beyond Yoga's Technical Design team is growing and looking for a full-timeSenior Technical Designer.
This position will be responsible forcontinuously improving fit, comfort and construction development. It will report to the Director of Technical Design.
About the Job
- Create development specifications for new styles
- Create and maintain all fit notes by style / season
- Attend and participate in weekly fittings as needed and write fit notes when needed to communicate revisions to patternmakers
- Communicate with Pattern makers all fit notes within 2-3 business days – sooner if a priority
- Troubleshoot with pattern makers on pattern issues
- Create graded specs for all garments
- Allocate patternmakers based on previous style history and capability
- Ensure all fit samples are fit in accordance with priorities set by SRS or Production approvals.
- Send teck packs, pattern cards and patterns to PD and Production teams for fit samples, SRS and bulk production
- Work with sample room or contractors on any issues with construction
- Other responsibilities will vary according to needs and special projects within the department
- Report to Director of Technical Design
- Minimum of 8-10 years of experience in Technical Design
- Microsoft Office skills a must. Especially Excel
- Strong Adobe experience in Illustrator, Photoshop, and Acrobat
- PLM and/or PDM experience, RLM knowledge a plus
- Knowledge of performance/active construction and fabric a plus
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written) and a strong attention to detail
- Must be able to work independently and collaboratively in a team environment
- Highly organized, detail oriented, deadline driven, and able to prioritize multiple task
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Problem analysis and problem solving
- Must have a can-do attitude and strong work ethic
We put a lot of thought into our programs to provide you with a benefits package that matters. Whether it is for medical care, taking time off, improving your health or planning for retirement, we've got you covered. Here's a small snapshot:
- 401K match: $1.25 for every $1.00 you contribute up to the first 6% of pay you save.
- Five hours of paid volunteer time per month with nonprofit organizations
- Product discount of 50% off regular-price merchandise
- Paid Family Leave
Currently, LS&CO requires proof of being fully vaccinated for COVID-19 as a condition of commencing employment, except in those jurisdictions where prohibited by law. Medical or religious accommodations, or other exemptions that may be required by applicable law, will be approved when properly supported. Further information is provided during the recruitment process.
USA, Culver City, Beyond Yoga HQ
FULL TIME/PART TIME