BHLDN Assistant Buyer
The Assistant Buyer is responsible for working with the Buyer to create an exciting and timely product assortment that meets or exceeds the sales volume and profits for their department.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the BHLDN target customer and the ability to select the appropriate product/trend that will appeal to the customer and meet their expectations.
- Fundamental understanding of the statistical components of the business (IMU%, MD%, GM%, selloff, WOS, etc.) and the OTB.
- Exhibit a professional communication style (both verbal and written) as shown through strong presentation skills, excellent organizational skills and a high sense of urgency.
- The ability to prioritize tasks in order to balance the immediate and long term needs of the business with a high sense of urgency.
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook) and the ability to learn new computer systems quickly and retain the information.
- The Assistant Buyer works with the Buyer to determine the overall mix of product for each buying area to ensure that the final mix is ultimately customer oriented and curated to achieve a set profit plan.
- Assistant Buyers should give feedback regularly on the product in all styleout and product related meetings.
- Eagerness to contribute to product development heavy classes by collaborating with buyer and vendor partners
- Provide ad hoc statistical reports to Buyers upon request.
- Help to maintain accurate Buy Sheets by class.
- Maintain some excel reports for buyers and planners as needed.
- Take photos of samples when needed and maintain photo logs or libraries of samples.
- Manage the samples within the Department.
- Obtain samples from vendors for all product meetings and manage the safe return of all samples.
- Ensure that all “kept” samples are neatly organized by classification and by season.
- Regularly clear out old samples and maintain tidy sample area.
- Manage photo handover weekly where new product gets shot for the web.
- Speak clearly in all meetings and email correspondence
- Ensure all written documents (including email) are grammatically correct.
- Represent and confidently speak about the UO brand and customer to all outward facing market vendors
- Manage large magnitude of email streams across a diverse vendor database and in turn, be able to communicate and give updates to manager regarding vendor feedback
- Develop collaborative relationships with internal and external colleagues including: planning, creative, DC etc.
- Gain understanding of all roles and responsibilities within the organization and be flexible and cooperative in working with teams to achieve a common goal.
Experience Requirement:1 to 2 years in retail or direct buying office or as a member of a store management team is preferred
Career Path:An Assistant Buyer should expect to spend 1-2 years gaining experience and mastering the required skills prior to being considered for promotion to the Associate Buyer level.
Comments:Some local and NY travel may be required
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Urban Outfitters, Inc. celebrates diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We are proud to provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We believe strongly in fostering a safe, fair and respectful work environment. To ensure compliance with our non-discrimination and anti-harassment policies, we offer anti-harassment training to managers and employees.