Bhldn Senior Buyer - Bridesmaid Dresses + Accessories
Title: Senior Buyer
Reports to: DMM
Supervises: Merchandise Assistant, Assistant Buyer, and Associate Buyer
The Senior Buyer is responsible for creating an exciting and timely product assortment for our omni-channel business that meets or exceeds the sales volume and profits for their respective departments. They are to execute the vision of the DMM / Leadership and intuitively respond to customer feedback, market trends and sales performance. The Senior Buyer is responsible for the success of their business unit and is expected to use their fashion intuition to direct the assortment.
- Analyze weekly and monthly sales, stock and on-order with the goal of optimizing sales and minimizing markdowns.
- Manage the OTB and partner with the DMM / Planning Team to adjust where necessary to ensure that sales and margin are optimized by class.
- Manage styles to the plan, ensuring that each item is a winner and that the assortment is properly balanced across looks, silhouettes, fabrics, patterns, color, price points, etc., taking the correct inventory position with key items and fringe and/or newness.
- Work with Design, Product Development and Production to manage the timeline on all product development.
- Ensure that vendor relations are optimal i.e., getting the best possible prices, quality and service levels with an appropriate level of “partnership” from the Market.
- Work with the DMM, GMM, CEO and team on a regular, formalized basis to ensure the unity and appropriateness of the assortments.
- Partner with Digital Merchandising Team, Marketing and Visual Merchandising to ensure omni-channel synergy and Buy intent alignment.
- Minimum 7 years of buying experience with a retailer.
- Experience managing a team.
- Four-year degree in Fashion or Business preferred.
- An understanding of the customer’s wants and needs and the ability to identify the appropriate product/trend that will appeal to the customer and exceed their expectations.
- The ability to conceptually plan assortments that meet financial objectives.
- The ability to prioritize tasks and the ability to balance the immediate and long term needs of the business.
- The ability to collect, assimilate, analyze, package and present information to the CEO, General Merchandise Manager and Divisional Merchandise Manager in a way that permits them to make an informed decision and take measurable action.
- The ability to recognize a new fashion trend, item, look, fabrication, early in its lifecycle
- Use creative thinking as an asset in recognizing and managing in changing paradigms. An understanding of the Anthropologie customer and the shopping experience. The buyer has to possess the ability to identify, gather and assimilate information specific to our customer.
- The ability to make the transition from strategic (conceptual and planning) to execution. Financial acumen and the ability to manipulate numbers are critical in achieving the tactical objectives.
- Leadership skills to build and develop a proficient team of individuals that share a common vision and understanding of the Company.
- The ability to develop partnerships with other Buyers, Directors and Department heads.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Fashion, Business, or a related field.
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Travel: Some travel required.