BHLDN Site Merchandiser
Director Of Merchandising
Overview :Support all aspects of the BHLDN business by executing key messages in all digital, print and store experiences. Implement messages that foster creativity & risk-taking while supporting business objectives. Create and maintain best onsite merchandising experience via the navigation, category and product pages.
- Be proactive to business as well as trends and high-level industry changes to oversee the onsite merchandising efforts. Attend finalizations and investment reviews with buyers to monitor to build messages based on the big ideas; work-in applicable inclusions to create well-rounded and cross-categorical messaging. Interpret on-order and buys into executable campaigns.
- Partner with digital analytics and creative to create an onsite experience reflective of the big ideas and the key metrics.
- Partner with creative partners and digital marketing to build the email calendar and protect key category inclusions in emails and homepages.
- Track and ensure key product messages are told in key channels- e.g. email, journal, onsite categories, etc…
- Oversee the BHLDN merchandising team; approve and manage the team’s daily responsibilities & workflow while fostering growth and forward-thinking.
- Be a collaborative and strong cross-divisional resource for product/business info to stylists, creative directors, digital design, copy, marketing, social media teams and store teams
- Must be business-minded and have a strategic mindset as well as a strong eye for trends and product; must be able to translate the trends for the Anthropologie customer.
- Must have a strong understanding of a retail business, and a few years of digital experience; Buying experience a plus.
- A general understanding of the buying process within a retail brand.
- Strong communication and cross-functional skills.
- Experience in managing direct reports.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize various projects and deadlines at once; project management experience a plus.
- Ability to be nimble and react to last minute changes in strategy.
Bachelor’s Degree in Fashion, Business, or a related field.
Travel:Some travel required
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Urban Outfitters, Inc. celebrates diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We are proud to provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We believe strongly in fostering a safe, fair and respectful work environment. To ensure compliance with our non-discrimination and anti-harassment policies, we offer anti-harassment training to managers and employees.