BOTTEGA VENETA Merchandise Manager, Shoes and Licensed Product
SummaryBottega Veneta – inspiring individuality with innovative craftmanship since 1966. Creativity lies at the heart of all that we do. Born in Vicenza the house is rooted in Italian culture yet maintains a truly global outlook. An inclusive brand with exclusive products Bottega Veneta is as much of a feeling as it is an aesthetic.
Job DescriptionWe are currently seeking a Women’s Shoes Buyer who will report to the Vice President of Merchandising as part of our dynamic team in New York.How you will contribute:Strategy & Analytics
- Analyze selling by model, fabric, color and size on a frequent basis to provide feedback to the Worldwide Merchandising team in order to improve future purchase decisions.
- Research trends, review existing merchandise to ensure products remain competitive, and recognize changes in demand within each market.
- Create selling reports and provide historical recaps to analyze and communicate business performance.
- Maintain regular communication with stores to understand market needs, challenges and opportunities.
- Follow up with stores on sales, sell thru, merchandise transfers, and reorders.
- Perform end of season department analysis: best sellers, slow sellers, months of supply, inventory levels, color and size analysis.
- Manage and organize markdowns each season.
- Develop seasonal sales plans and Open-to-Buy for respective categories with Merchandising Planner.
- Compile pricing analysis vs. competitors for basic and seasonal product for Milan Headquarters.
- Communicate with Milan regarding deliveries and available stock.
- Recommend reorders and special orders based on business needs, trends and stock levels.
- Collaborate with Milan headquarters frequently on sales performance, product issues, and competitive landscape.
- Ensure stock optimization through transfers, balances between both stores and warehouses.
- Coordinate product for new store openings: merchandising, training, shipment and deliveries.
- Attend four markets a year to write the orders for Shoes.
- Ensure communication regarding product needs, sales trends, stock needs and all other relevant product information is shared with the Worldwide Merchandising team in Milan to generate optimal buys with each collection.
- Allocate all buys by individual stores based on market needs, historical data, and key message of collection aligning with Global recommendations.
- Assist in the production of individual buy books per store for each collection.
- Partner with store associates, collection specialists and managers to obtain client feedback on merchandising assortment.
- Demonstrate passion for the product while maintaining empathy for the store staff/clientele.
- Educate retail teams on each collection by communicating merchandising strategies based on buy, selling points, and raise awareness of season’s trends.
- Collaborate across various departments on an as-needed basis (i.e. Visual Merchandising, Retail, Communications, etc.)
- At least +3 years of previous merchandising/buying experience
- Capable to travel domestically and internationally approximately 2-3 weeks per quarter
- Ability to work in a team, possess organizational awareness and flexibility
- Demonstrate ability to adapt, strong knowledge of luxury market/products and philosophy of the brand
- Exemplary verbal and written communication skills
- Maintain a clear sense of urgency in a fast-paced environment by effectively prioritizing multiple projects
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint as well as strong knowledge of retail math
- Salary range of $75-$85k.
This is a fabulous opportunity to join the Kering adventure and to actively contribute to the development of the business by becoming part of a global Luxury Group that offers endless possibilities to learn and grow. Talent development is a managerial principle at Kering and we are committed to fostering internal mobility. Our common vision promotes leadership skills and helps every employee to reach their full potential in a stimulating and fulfilling workplace environment.
Kering is committed to building a diverse workforce. We believe diversity in all its forms – gender, age, nationality, culture, religious beliefs and sexual orientation – enriches the workplace. It opens up opportunities for people to express their talent, both individually and collectively and it helps foster our ability to adapt to a changing world. As an Equal Opportunity Employer we welcome and consider applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of their background. EOE M/D/F/V
OrganizationBottega Veneta Inc.