Job descriptionIPM (Initiatives & Product Management) Buyer
New York, NY - 50% Remote
Coty is one of the world's largest beauty companies with an iconic portfolio of brands across fragrance, color cosmetics, and skin and body care. Coty is the global leader in fragrance and number three in color cosmetics. Coty's products are sold in over 150 countries around the world. Coty and its brands are committed to a range of social causes as well as seeking to minimize its impact on the environment. For additional information about Coty Inc., please visit www.coty.com.
At Coty Procurement we are at the heart of the Coty Turnaround, leading the way towards regaining operational leadership, and contributing to rediscovering growth.
We achieve this by delivering end-to-end, sustainable value creation, leveraging the power of our supplier network, operating in a lean & agile fashion, and driving stronger cooperation with key stakeholders.
Join the team that is making a tangible difference for the future of Coty, participate in one of the biggest transformations in the industry, driving and leveraging our culture of pride and performance!
The purpose of the IPM Buyer is to manage & be accountable for all end-to-end Procurement activities related to Innovation and Productivity projects within their brand, while supporting the implementation of the Global and Regional Category Sourcing strategy. Projects cover a wide range of packaging categories, as well as TPM (Third Party Manufacturing) projects and raw materials.
- Ensure a sustainable and competitive sourcing solution for Innovation and Productivity pipelines.
- Execute sourcing projects in line with the Category strategy.
- Support Business Continuity service to manufacturing or our TPM framework for all high-risk materials.
- Define and manage productivity pipeline in coordination with category/operations/IM teams
- Manage procurement related claims/issue and escalate to IPM leadership and/or category management as appropriate.
- Gather Brand vision on Business needs and Supply Chain specific inputs/requirements to the IPM leadership and Category management.
- Develop Technology expertise and understanding of Brands equity.
- Track and report Savings results at a Brand/Technology level and support collation at Site level.
- The position requires close cooperation with a broad group of Coty business stakeholders, for instance: Category Procurement, Marketing, R&D, Initiative Leaders, Finance, Planning, Manufacturing, EXO Operations, Legal, Quality and Sustainability.
- Work closely with R&D and Initiative Management to understand the key upcoming launches that are taking place over the next two to three years.
- Ensure the procurement team is providing sourcing solutions that comply to our sourcing strategy, fit the business need, are sensibly sourced and competitively priced.
- Work on projects in pipeline with end-to-end scope from initiation to end of life, working closely at all times with global procurement category leaders.
- Proactively propose opportunities to increase profit & deliver bottom line savings. Keep track of "cost out" opportunities to be implemented in Y2/Y3.
- Offer innovation from our key partners to the business & use procurement levers in order to obtain a competitive advantage from our external partners.
- Ensure continuous connection with Categories to share Brand vision on Business needs.
- Understand the processes, procedures and systems and be able to use that knowledge to improve efficiency and produce high quality work on problems with cross functional impact.
- Know/Learn the key suppliers within the industry, understand their portfolio, capabilities, strengths and weaknesses.
- Align on sourcing panels, manage tenders, analyse bids, propose supplier selection with appropriate justification & ensure business allocation contracts are put in place and archived.
- Identify "Cost out", "Value in" and "Cash in" productivity projects opportunities.
- Lead Productivity, Value Preservation and Renovation projects execution with Vendors, Initiative Management, Supply Chain Packaging, Quality and Planning.
- Report and track Productivity projects in appropriate systems and forums at Brand level.
- Manage procurement related claims/issues and escalate to IPM leadership and/or category management as appropriate.
- Support the implementation of actions to minimize materials inventory and obsolescence.
- Support Business Continuity Plan for all high-risk materials.
- Track and report CAPEX budget/spend related to Productivity, Maintenance and Innovation projects at Brand level.
- Support the collation of the Savings results at Site level.
- Proactively engage stakeholders to provide high quality Procurement support for the business.
- Have an expert understanding of the business needs, the Supply Chain specific requirements & how to fulfil them.
- Influence decision making using product expertise, experience and supply base knowledge & leverage.
- Highlight risks with mitigation plans as well as opportunities with potential gains.
- Secure sharing of information and support for the local organizations and business units.
- Promote good inter departmental relations & contribute to a professional & efficient department reputation.
Profile and Education
- Master's degree or a bachelor's degree with 3+ years' experience in Procurement and/or sourcing related activities.
- Beauty industry experience is essential.
- High degree of fluency in English.
- Commercial mind set with extremely strong communication skills.
- Proven influencing, negotiation and presentation skills.
- Proactive & Hands on approach with a solid track record.
- Adaptable. Ability to create new ways of working.
- Creative mindset that is excited and driven towards finding new opportunities.
- Strategic thinking balanced with speed to action.
- Strong analytical skills and project management capabilities.
- Team player attitude and constructive networker.
- Competent user of IT systems: MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SAP, Procurement E-Systems.
- A candidate with resilience will be important in a fast-moving environment.