At REVOLVE the most successful team members have a thirst and the creativity to make this the top e-commerce brand in the world. With a team of 1,000+ based out of Cerritos, California we are a dynamic bunch that are motivated by getting the company to the next level. It’s our goal to hire high-energy, diverse, bright, creative, and flexible individuals who thrive in a fast-paced work environment. In return, we promise to keep REVOLVE a company where inspired people will always thrive.
To take a behind the scenes look at the REVOLVE “corporate” lifestyle check out our Instagram @REVOLVEcareers or #lifeatrevolve.Are you ready to set the standard for Premium apparel?Main Purpose Of The Buyer Role
This is a full time role for a candidate who will buy and manage a subset of brands in the Women’s RTW and/or accessories and/or shoe space.Major Responsibilities
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Purchase and manage a variety of products and brands for REVOLVE.com
- Oversee order placement and tracking to ensure timely receipt of merchandise.
- Knowledgeable in Women’s contemporary brands, as well as current trends in RTW, Shoes and Accessories.
- Identify opportunities and risks in-season through analyzing sales performance.
- Able to calculate gross margin, turnover and OTB.
- Able to source new products and vendors.
- Work on special projects as assigned.
- Work closely with the planning team to execute strategic buys.
- Review sales results to strategize mark-downs and manage aged inventory through strategic liquidation.
- Guide and support Buying Assistant and Buying Admin.
- Must be able to work flexible hours.
- Some travel required.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Ability to balance multiple brands and initiatives.
- Ability to effectively negotiate with vendors on RA’s, sell through guarantees and trade discounts.
- Ability to demonstrate critical thinking.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical skills, good judgement, creativity and organization.
- Able to develop strong, synergistic relationships with a range of teams and personnel.
- Strong understanding and interest of industry trends.
- Bachelor’s degree in Fashion or Business preferred.
- 3-5 years of Women’s Buying experience, preferably within the contemporary space.
- Work experience as an Assistant or Associate Buyer is required.
- Strong knowledge of and the ability to apply retail math concepts, including markup, margin planning, open to buy, and inventory productivity measures.
- Proficient in Email (preferably Gmail), Microsoft Office.
- Buyer in the contemporary space.
A successful candidate works well in a dynamic environment with minimal supervision. At REVOLVE we all roll up our sleeves to pitch-in and do whatever it takes to get the job done. Each day is a little different, it’s what keeps us on our toes and excited to come to work every day.Attention
After submitting your application, please check your spam folder for emails on your application status. Emails are sent from an ADP email address.