Our client, a major player in the fast-fashion industry, is looking for a talented, fashion-forward Buyer to join their team in Chicago.
Location: Onsite - Humboldt Park, IL (This role is 5X a week on-site)
The Buyer will be responsible for growing the sales volume and profit for a specific category. We’re looking for someone with a strong background in specialty merchandising, retail analytics and operational execution in both a brick and mortar and an e-commerce environment. Our ideal candidate has a successful track record in building winning merchandising strategies through vendor partnerships and exclusive product development. This person must be able to consistently apply a standard of quality and taste, as well as a sense of urgency in building a market-leading assortment.
- Build and execute detailed annual plans (sales, margin, turn and inventory composition) that support the company’s business strategy
- Seasonal planning of open-to-buy budget in accordance with company sales plan. Reconcile receipts to OTB plan
- Develop, plan, and execute strategy for assortment and allocation
- Coach and mentor Assistant Buyers to maximize sales, margins and turns
- Leverage merchandising team's skills at recognizing new fashion trends, items, looks, etc., early in their life cycles; maximize these opportunities
- Identify opportunities to increase sales, improve margins, optimize inventories, and decrease markdowns
- Compile and present financial analysis including category sell-through, margins and key product performance; recap and analyze business results versus plan
- Develop intimate understanding of the customer. Leverage customer knowledge for product development, category, assortment, and allocation optimization
- Ensure financial goals and timelines are met
- Communicate necessary actions to maximize profit/reduce risk
- You must be excited about fashion. You must be excited about new trends and constantly learning about construction, material, and other concepts regarding design.
- You are able to (and enjoy) regular travel and meeting with vendors, producers, and others in the fast fashion industry. You can represent the brand in a positive manner.
- You are confident and extroverted and extremely comfortable with communication, whether in person, over the phone, Skype, or email.
- 4+ years of buying experience and product development
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Fashion Merchandising or something similar
- Proven track record of merchandising multi-category, large SKU product lines
- Proven ability to synthesize sales data, customer insights, competitive and market trends, and market data into merchandising strategies
- Existing relationships with current or potential market brands and/or private label resources.
- Ability to recognize and understand the magnitude of an opportunity and respond quickly
- Strong technical aptitude, including advanced competency in Microsoft Excel, and the ability to quickly master new applications and systems.
- Demonstrated ability to grow revenue and improve profitability
The Ideal Candidate Has/Is:
- Personal style and passion for fashion
- Exceptional work ethic and motivation to meet strict deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communicator
- Outstanding organizational skills, with keen attention to detail and diligent task follow-through
- Ability to multitask and prioritize in a fast - paced, dynamic environment
- Highly collaborative, responsive team player
- Ability to prioritize efficiently in response to changing needs and situations
If interested in and qualified for this role, please forward your resume today!