Buyer - Apparel and Accessories
CCS is an iconic brand in skateboarding and street inspired fashion. Founded in 1985 as a mail order company with an annual catalog circulation of 10+ million, we purchased CCS from Foot Locker in 2014 and transformed it into a digital first business that is now one of the largest and fastest growing action sports ecommerce companies in the United States. In addition to CCS Brand products, we sell products from over 150 of the leading skateboarding and streetwear brands, including Nike SB, Adidas, Santa Cruz, Polar, Vans, Obey, Spitfire, and New Era.
Our growth has been fueled by significant investments in product customization technologies, growing partnerships with leading branding and artists, a focus on original content creation and storytelling, and our CCS+ loyalty program.
CCS has 55+ employees and is headquartered in Portland, Oregon.
The position reports to the president of CCS.
While we are headquartered in Portland, remote applicants are encouraged to apply. Several of our coworkers work remotely.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
As the CCS Apparel and Accessories Buyer, you will lead our buying efforts in the apparel and accessory categories.
- Select the merchandise offering and negotiate with vendors
- Nurture existing vendor-partner relationships and source new opportunities that align with our category strategies
- Identify and develop strategies for new category opportunities
- Work with the planning team to develop vendor and category budgets and manage an open-to-buy
- Create parts and build purchase orders
- Work closely with our marketing and merchandising teams to identify marketing opportunities, provide guidance on retail store assortment planning, and participate in planning and coordinating our seasonal (physical) catalog issues
- Monitor performance and identify in-season and longer term trend opportunities
- Communicate with vendors to resolve issues and facilitate marketing programs
- Attend trade shows and events
- Bachelor’s degree
- 4+ years of professional apparel and/or accessory buying experience
- Streetwear buying experience preferred
- Demonstrated leadership and decision making skills
- Comfort being self-directed and self-motivated
- Retail math literacy and application of concepts to daily operations
- Strong merchandising, product, and analytical skills
- Proficient in Excel
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Highly detail oriented and organized
- Able to effectively communicate with all levels of staff and management
- Ambitious and creative