The Buyer Assistant will work with the Sr Buyer and VP DMM to coordinate and execute the daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly tasks around style creation, product line list creation, sample coordination, vendor communication, PO tracking, price verification and changes, visual line plan production and general data maintenance.
A Buyer Assistant must be a self-starter; a teammate who has the ability to prioritize daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly initiatives and effectively communicate cross functionally to ensure the Sr Buyer’s strategy and vision is executed seamlessly with internal and external business partners.
Buyer Assistants will be paired with buyers, planners, merchandisers, marketing, store operations and external vendor partners to achieve the financial Plan.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Partner with the Sr Buyer to execute initial merchandise strategies to maximize retail growth and profitability while achieving the financial Plan.
- Display strong prioritizing skills and the ability to execute in a timely manner.
- Coordinate, develop and maintain visual line plans (VLP’s) to support the Sr Buyer’s seasonal buy strategies.
- Maintain excellent vendor relationships to ensure timely delivery and coordination of samples, track product deliveries, timely communication of changes / updates regarding product delivery and general data maintenance.
- Execute relevant advertising strategies thru sample procurement and data maintenance that highlight the assortment investment and drive retail sales and margin.
- Strong cross functional skills in working with the Marketing, Store Operations and Visual Merchandising teams to communicate the vision and assortment plans of the Sr Buyer to the customer, which results in the business meeting and achieving the financial Plans.
- Build strong relationships across internal organization and with external partners. Communicate in a professional manner and respond with timely and accurate information.
- Provide daily support to all teammates including, but not limited to, VP DMM, Buyers, Planners, Merchandisers and Merchandise Coordinators.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
· Ideally, college degree from a 2-year (associate’s degree) or 4-year (bachelor’s degree), but not required.
· Experienced in the use of Microsoft Excel, Word, Power Point and email software a must.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
· Excellent interpersonal skills.
· Ability to use, apply, and understand basic retail math concepts (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, and percentages).
· Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and use basic problem solving skills.
· Strong analytical skills.
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES:
· Ability to remain flexible, prioritize, and respond to changing requests from your team.
· Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of staff and management.
· Be an independent and self-motivated team player.
WSS is the premier footwear retailer in the U.S. doing business in neighborhood-based stores. Consumers trust WSS for the best brands, greatest values and largest selection of athletic, dress, fashion, and casual footwear for the entire family. Our store format enables us to showcase thousands of styles from top brands like Nike, Jordan, Adidas, Vans, Converse, Puma, etc. In addition, WSS carries high quality private brands augmenting the breadth of selection to deliver amazing value to our customers.
Founded in Southern California in 1984 by entrepreneur Eric Alon, all WSS stores feature a unique retail format that displays every style and size. This allows customers to browse on their terms, in a hassle-free environment, engaging the friendly and knowledgeable sales staff when they choose. The success of this business model has allowed WSS to continue its rapid expansion into new markets.
WSS is committed to giving back to the communities we serve, sponsoring or participating in over 350 local events each year. Stay connected to us via Facebook, Instagram and Twitter and at www.shopwss.com.