Buyer, Ecommerce (Women's Apparel)
As the lead buyer with the eCommerce team, you will be responsible for all aspects of the buying process for women’s apparel. You will manage a multi-million dollar OTB, manage the in-season process of opportunities for reorders, inventory flow, sales and inventory analysis and markdown determination. You will be the engine that drives the success of our eCommerce business.
You will work alongside an eCommerce planner as well as an eCommerce team that consists of merchandisers, customer service representatives, product merchants, our marketing team, etc. In this important position, you will be exposed to all levels of leadership within the company and have an opportunity to showcase your retail business expertise.
- Women’s apparel collection, including plus and petite sizes
- Execute assortment plans to meet seasonal sales and margin targets
- OTB and inventory management
- Recommend timely markdowns/promotions on goods and reorders on best sellers
- Evaluate selling and reporting weekly/monthly to leadership
- Order creation and entry
- Research the competition across all social media platforms and markets to identify emerging trends, categories and promotional campaigns
- Promote growth by developing assortment strategies with SKU count, breadth vs depth, newness, and pricing/margin
- Analyze sales in-season and postseason (hindsight) to identify hits and misses
- SKU Maintenance
- Manage transfer and markdown files for designated categories
- Work cross functionally with planning, allocation, merchandising, marketing, and customer service teams
- Additional tasks as needed
Job Qualifications & Requirements:
- At least 3-5 years retail buying or planning experience, ideally in apparel retail (previous eCommerce experience is preferred, but not required)
- Strong Excel and analytical skills
- Strong understanding of financial metrics and can make recommendations on how to drive the business based on sales, history & market trends for current and go forward seasons
- Understanding of women’s apparel market
- Ability to identify current and future trends in the marketplace and competition
- Ability to re-prioritize projects frequently
- Strong financial acumen
- 401k plan with partial company match.
- Comprehensive healthcare, dental, and vision plan.
- Clothing discount.
- Voluntary life insurance, as well as short-term and long-term disability policies.
- Voluntary free annual biometric health test.
- Early access to company sample sales.
- Company-sponsored Wellness program.
- Access to free monthly health & mindfulness webinars.
- Seasonal monetary awards for participation in company Fitness Challenges.
- Partial healthcare-subsidized fitness membership to 10,000 gym locations across the country.
- Company-subsidized discounts to theme parks & local attractions, including Disneyland, Knotts Berry Farm, Universal Studios, Legoland, Six Flags, Sea World, and Southern California sports teams; discounts to brands including Vitamix, Sonos, and others.