Buyer, Fashion Accessories
This position is responsible for selecting the finest and most distinctive product in their area of buying responsibility that meets the high standards of Neiman Marcus quality and best suits the needs of our customers. This position must also produce sales growth and meet or exceed the annual financial objectives, as well as lead a team of assistant buyers and coordinators.
Job DutiesResponsibilities include:
- Assorting appropriately by market
- Financial and negotiation strength
- Seasonal financial planning and discussing monthly financial projections
- Develops advertising and promotional activity each season, working with the various sales support complexes within Neiman Marcus to help promote their business on a corporate level
- Develop and promote assistant buyers/coordinators
- Deliver sales and profit expectations consistently, identifying and maximizing opportunities, & have a clear vision for their product category that supports the overall objectives of Neiman Marcus
- Develop both short and long term strategies and execute effectively
- Manage day-to-day operations of the buying office
- Performs additional tasks as required
- Strong leadership, management, communication, customer service, and organization skills
- Flexible and able to perform in a fast paced, changing environment
- Managing and measuring work
- Customer focus
- Building effective teams
- Conflict management
- Strategic Agility
- Previous buying experience, or if an internal candidate, must have completed the Executive Development Program
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university
Individuals should have good people and communication skills and a passion for retail. Individual must be high energy, flexible, resilient, and positive. Negotiation skills are imperative. This individual should be opportunistic and possess the ability to maximize opportunities through skillful inventory management. Individual should have solid financial skills, be decisive, have a sense of urgency, and thrive in an ever-changing environment.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each job duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or ability required.