Thank you for your interest in joining our team! Qurate Retail Group comprises six leading retail brands – QVC®, HSN®, Ballard Designs®, Frontgate®, Garnet Hill® and Grandin Road® – all dedicated to providing a more human way to shop. Qurate Retail Group is the largest player in video commerce ("vCommerce"), which includes video-driven shopping across linear TV, ecommerce sites, digital streaming and social platforms.
QVC's Supplements team has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Buyer I to join the On Air team. The Buyer I position is a developmental role intended to prepare for a Buyer II position. You will negotiate new products, concepts, shows, and ideas while maximizing multi-platform opportunities to resonate with customers. The Buyer I will have ownership of the supplements business and take accountability for long term and short-term strategic and financial planning, purchasing and managing sales goals. Select products based on relevant trends and understand how to translate them into products/concept for multi-platform retail. Educate and communicate with vendors and departments. You will have a close relationship with the legal department as you navigate the legal claims process.
Who We Are
We are a group of world class merchants taking a customer-centric approach. We curate a compelling assortment of trend-led products for our customers, which we offer at a value from a range of exclusive brands and well-known brands.
QVC empowers shoppers with knowledge and shares insights in a lively and engaging way. We offer an ever-changing collection of familiar brands and fresh new products – from home and fashion to beauty, electronics and jewelry – and we connect shoppers to interesting personalities, engaging stories and award-winning customer service. QVC reaches more than 200 million homes worldwide via its 12 broadcast networks and reaches millions more via multiple streaming services, websites, mobile apps and social pages.
- Under the supervision of the Buyer II, the Buyer I maintains the on-air assortment for assigned merchandise categories and building on air strategies.
- Develop, negotiate terms, and purchase items that will be successful and which exceed the expectations of our customers. Analyze item, category, and other relevant on air sales to follow trends and react based on performance. Analyze the productivity of each vendor and category within products of responsibility. Evaluate customer-buying behaviors and identify trends.
- Maintain a high level of product elevation and quality while selecting product
- Responsible for daily office functions (e.g., maintaining spreadsheets (can write advanced macros), item creation, etc). Help train the Intern and Assistant Buyer regarding daily office operations. Handle Quality Assurance (QA) issues. Demonstrate a high level of product expertise.
- Partner and communicate with internal advocates to maximize efficiency of product lifecycle activities and manage the order process. Establish relationships with DDGS, Quality Assurance, Category production, eCommerce, Legal, Social Marketing, Multi Channel Planning, Sales, and Planning to ensure products are presented to our customer properly. Developing these relationships is an essential part of maintaining clear our goals.
- Establish vendor relationships. Responsible for vendor communication, education and preparation. Return all vendor calls basis. Give oral and written presentations.
- You have 3-5 years of corporate merchandise buying experience
- You are passionate for people with great mentor skills to invest in others.
Remote work is not permitted in NYC
Join us as we enrich life’s everyday moments – including yours. Apply today!
If you enjoy being a part of a team, creating experiences and delighting customers, you’ll love it here. If you’re excited about retail, fashion, media, social, live streaming, technology, customer service, design and more, you’ll find amazing projects to work on. If you want to grow professionally and learn every day, you’ll thrive with us. If you appreciate flexible working options, our Qurated community, where intentional connections matter and a company committed to diversity, equity and inclusion, you’ll be amazed at what’s available for our team members! We offer a comprehensive Total Rewards package including competitive compensation, health care benefits starting on day 1, 401(k), paid time off, tuition reimbursement, employee assistance program, parental leave, paid volunteer hours, company discounts and much more. Best of all, working with Qurate Retail Group means friendly teams, ambitious projects and fast-moving careers!
For Qurate Retail Group, our focus on diversity, equity and inclusion is deeply rooted in Our Principles. They call on us to Drive Progress, Act With Empathy, Be Brave, Embrace the Future, and Do What’s Right so that everyone can thrive. We are committed to ensuring that our workplace provides equal employment opportunities for all team members and candidates and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. As an equal opportunity employer, Qurate Retail Group is committed to a barrier-free employment process. If you need reasonable accommodations/support throughout, please contact us at email@example.com for assistance.
Click Apply and log in with your existing account or create an account. This will allow you to check the status of your application at any time and receive the most up to date communications from our Talent Acquisition team.